Areas of practice
- Abuse - Emotional, Physical, Sexual
- Anger Management Issues
- Anxiety and/or Panic
- Death and Dying
- Divorce and/or Separation
- Grief and Loss - General
- Marriage and/or Relationship Issues
- Personal Growth
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Self-Esteem Issues
- Stress Management
- Trauma Counselling
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Communication Skills Training
- Emotion Focused Therapy
- Gottman Method Couples Therapy
- Marriage & Couples Counselling
- Online/ Virtual Counselling
- Shame Counselling & Therapy
- Skype/Video Counselling
- Solution Focused Therapy
Counselling practice website:www.sullivancounselling.com
I work with adults suffering from Anxiety, Depression, Trauma, PTSD, Anger, Self-Esteem, Shame Resilience, Grief and Loss, and Relationship Issues. I direct bill to ICBC for motor vehicle accidents, and CVAP, Crime Victim Assistance Program.
I use Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, EMDR, Solution-Focused Therapy, Mindfulness and Couples therapy, and I have the following qualifications:
- Masters of Counselling Psychology, University of Victoria
- Bachelor of Social Work, University of Victoria
- Family Justice Counsellor, Justice Institute of British Columbia
- Grief and Bereavement, Hospice Royal Jubilee Hospital
- Couples Counselling, Citizen’s Counselling Centre
My counselling experience is broad and includes the following:
- Stress and Anxiety
- Anger Management
- Shame Resilience
- Grief and Loss
- Communication Tools
- Conflict Management
- Couples/Relationship Issues
- Childhood Abuse
- Sexual Abuse
- Negative Self-Talk
- Separation and Divorce
- Mood Disorders
I welcome the opportunity to work with you to help resolve any issues you may be facing, and I make sure you get the coping tools you need to move forward with your life.
Group: "Strengthen Your Self-Esteem Workshop", teaches you how to build, strengthen, and maintain your self-esteem; recognize and change your negative self-talk; how to have unconditional self-esteem; ways we give power away; ways to communicate feelings, needs and opinions; understanding your emotions; how to enable yourself to pursue your dreams and goals.
Group: "Understanding Your Anger Workshop", teaches you anger tools; hidden anger; how to communicate through your anger; and how to recognize when your emotional boundaries are violated.
Group: "Understanding Shame Workshop", teaches you how to understand your shame; how to build shame resilience; shame triggers; unwanted identities; and shame screens.
I see clients in my office, as well as using a secure e-counselling method over the phone if desired.
I am registered with:
- British Columbia Association of Clinical Counsellors, (BCACC) Registration# 14604
- ICBC Vendor Approved
- CVAP, Crime Victim Assistance Program Vendor Approved
- British Columbia Schizophrenia Society
- I have specialized training in EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization Reprocessing).
Client fee individuals:$120.00 per hour
Client fee couples/families:$210.00 per session (1.5 hours)