Eldercare Issues Somatic Experiencing
Eldercare issues are one of life's common challenges. It's only natural to age, and challenges are to be expected. It can be hard for elderly people to manage the difficulties of retirement, and dealing with medical or frailty issues. Adjusting to the death of peers, partners and friends can be a catalyst to facing one's own mortality, which could cause anxiety and depression.
Boredom is one of the biggest eldercare issues that therapists deal with. In order to avoid isolation, loneliness and boredom, it is important to find meaningful and enjoyable hobbies or activities. A large percentage of Canadians experience Alzheimer's disease or another type of dementia by the time they retire.
Additionally, eldercare issues can affect those who care for elderly family members. If you find it hard to see your loved one struggling with the loss of independence and coping with other issues related to aging, you need not feel alone. It is hard seeing your once young and strong parent or relative looking weak and frail and having someone depend on you so heavily. Your emotions are natural and expected.
However, therapy can help both elderly people and those who offer elderly care to sort through their emotions and deal with communication issues. Therapy is particularly important in cases where the elderly person has dementia. It can also put you in touch with any available community resources.
You don't have to feel depressed or lonely if you have eldercare issues. Thousands of people face the same issues and the therapists below deal with that every day and they can help you, too.
If you are looking for a counsellor or psychologist who offers professional therapies or counselling to address your elder care issues, you may want to search the directory to find a professional whose approach will suit you best.
Somatic Experiencing offers brief and holistic therapy for activating inner resources to resolve and heal emotional wounds. It can help clients to develop a level of calm and maintain productivity amidst traumatic experiences.
The human autonomic nervous system is the subject of Somatic Experiencing therapy, which helps the autonomic nervous system to regulate and balance itself after a traumatic experience.
Sessions for Somatic Experiencing are usually facilitated on a one-on-one basis and the client will track his or her emotions, which provides valuable information that the therapist can use.
Somatic Experiencing is a great tool for dealing with trauma, as well as tensions, and sexual concerns. SE is similar to EMDR which also integrates the physical body with the therapeutic process in order to gain insight and awareness.
If you are looking for a therapist who offers Somatic Experiencing, please browse our list of practitioners below..
Note: You may narrow your search by selecting more than one filter below.
- (-) Remove Eldercare Issues filterEldercare Issues
- Cancer Care and Support (1)Apply Cancer Care and Support filter
- Death and Dying (1)Apply Death and Dying filter
- Family Issues (1)Apply Family Issues filter
- Grief and Loss - General (1)Apply Grief and Loss - General filter
- Life Transitions (1)Apply Life Transitions filter
- Marriage and/or Relationship Issues (1)Apply Marriage and/or Relationship Issues filter
- Personal Growth (1)Apply Personal Growth filter
- Pre-Marital Counselling (1)Apply Pre-Marital Counselling filter
- Professional Burnout (1)Apply Professional Burnout filter
- Retirement (1)Apply Retirement filter
- Sleep Difficulties-Adults (1)Apply Sleep Difficulties-Adults filter
- Spirituality (1)Apply Spirituality filter
- Trauma Counselling (1)Apply Trauma Counselling filter
- Women's Issues (1)Apply Women's Issues filter
- (-) Remove Somatic Experiencing filterSomatic Experiencing
- EMDR (1)Apply EMDR filter
- Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy (EFT) (1)Apply Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy (EFT) filter
- Family Therapy (1)Apply Family Therapy filter
- Gottman Method Couples Therapy (1)Apply Gottman Method Couples Therapy filter
- Group Therapy (1)Apply Group Therapy filter
- Marriage & Couples Counselling (1)Apply Marriage & Couples Counselling filter
- Mindfulness approaches (1)Apply Mindfulness approaches filter
- Psycho-Educational Groups (1)Apply Psycho-Educational Groups filter
- Telephone Counselling (1)Apply Telephone Counselling filter
- Video Counselling (1)Apply Video Counselling filter