Trauma Counselling Internal Family Systems
Trauma counselling can assist with a wide range of internal emotional reactions to devastating situations. Some people experience things as more traumatic than others, and therefore they will need help in coping the emotional burdens of an event or situation.
Stressful events such as death of a loved one, rape, abuse, accidents, divorce, violence or bullying can leave people unable to cope or process the emotional burdens. However, it is not only events linked to the individual personally, but also being a witness to events that might leave a person with post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). This includes being a victim to violence or natural disasters - there is no limit to the causes of trauma.
In the case of PTSD, people can develop many different psychological reactions, as determined by their own coping skills, emotional stability and background. Symptoms of PTSD include a anger, depression, flashbacks, insomnia, nightmares, social withdrawal, loss of self esteem and confidence, and substance abuse.
It takes a strong person to have the courage to stand up and request trauma counselling. This is no time to compare yourself to other people in similar situations, but rather to recognize that everyone has a different reaction to trauma. Therefore, it is important to address the symptoms of post traumatic stress disorder as soon as possible to help you deal with emotions in a healthy way and to overcome the difficulties you are facing. Trauma counselling can help avert potentially more severe psychological disorders, that can occur if PTSD is left untreated.
If you are looking for a counsellor or psychologist who provides trauma counselling to address your posttraumatic stress management issues you may want to search the directory to find a professional whose approach will suit you best.
Note: You may narrow your search by selecting more than one filter below.
- (-) Remove Trauma Counselling filterTrauma Counselling
- Anxiety and/or Panic (1)Apply Anxiety and/or Panic filter
- Cross Cultural Issues (1)Apply Cross Cultural Issues filter
- Depression (1)Apply Depression filter
- Divorce and/or Separation (1)Apply Divorce and/or Separation filter
- Family Issues (1)Apply Family Issues filter
- Grief and Loss - General (1)Apply Grief and Loss - General filter
- Intimacy Issues (1)Apply Intimacy Issues filter
- Marriage and/or Relationship Issues (1)Apply Marriage and/or Relationship Issues filter
- Parenting Issues (1)Apply Parenting Issues filter
- Personal Growth (1)Apply Personal Growth filter
- Women's Issues (1)Apply Women's Issues filter
- (-) Remove Internal Family Systems filterInternal Family Systems
- ADD and ADHD Coping Strategies (1)Apply ADD and ADHD Coping Strategies filter
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) (1)Apply Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) filter
- Cross Cultural Therapy (1)Apply Cross Cultural Therapy filter
- Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy (EFT) (1)Apply Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy (EFT) filter
- Family Systems (1)Apply Family Systems filter
- Family Therapy (1)Apply Family Therapy filter
- Feminist Psychotherapy (1)Apply Feminist Psychotherapy filter
- Marriage & Couples Counselling (1)Apply Marriage & Couples Counselling filter
- Self Regulation Therapy (SRT) (1)Apply Self Regulation Therapy (SRT) filter