Areas of practice
- Anxiety and/or Panic
- Eating Disorders
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Sexual Assault
- Trauma Counselling
- Body Centred Psychotherapy
- Emotion Focused Therapy
- Emotionally Focused Family Therapy
- Mindfulness approaches
- Online / Virtual / Telehealth Counselling
- Process Work
- Sensorimotor Psychotherapy
- Somatic Approaches
- Telephone Counselling
- Video Counselling
Counselling practice website:https://www.beingandbecoming.ca
Hello. My name is Maggie and I am a Registered Psychologist offering virtual services in BC.
As a fellow human being I understand how messy, challenging and painful life can be. Drawing on my training and expertise, as well as your life experience, strengths and resources, I will support you in increasing your capacity to be with things as they are now, while helping you make changes and move in the direction you want to go.
All of my work is trauma-informed. I serve to empower clients and believe offering choice, checking in with you throughout the process and being responsive to feedback is of the utmost importance.
I have training in a wide range of therapeutic approaches and am able to adapt my approach in order to meet your individual needs. People often come to see me for help with anxiety, depression, stress management, trauma-related concerns, difficulty setting boundaries, eating disorders, challenges related to food and eating, body image concerns, weight concerns, self-criticism or difficulty managing emotions.
- I am a Certified Intuitive Eating Counsellor. This is a great approach for anyone wanting to make peace with food.
- I have completed extensive training in working with eating disorders and eating concerns including: Intuitive eating, CBT-E, Somatic training, FBT-AN, MB-EAT and EFFT.
- I have extensive training in working with trauma. I am trained in EMDR, Sensorimotor Psychotherapy and am a certified Trauma Sensitive Yoga facilitator (TCTSY)
- I am also a registered yoga teacher (RYT 500) and have completed significant training in yoga, mindfulness and self-compassion-based approaches.
Client fee individuals:235