Areas of practice
- Anxiety and/or Panic
- LGBTQ Issues
- Men's Issues
- Stress Management
- Transgender Identity and Adaptation
- Acceptance & Commitment Therapy
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Mindfulness approaches
- Motivational Interviewing
- ONLINE / VIRTUAL / TELEHEALTH COUNSELLING
- Video Counselling
Counselling practice website:https://www.centreforgaycounselling.com/victor-wakarchuk/
Hi, I'm Victor. I'm a Registered Social Worker who works primarily with gay men through online video counselling. I work with clients located anywhere in British Columbia.
- Are you feeling all alone with your worries?
- Do you feel unable to live in the moment because you're stuck in your head?
- Does it feel like life is passing you by while you silently suffer with anxiety or panic?
- Maybe you even have some fear about the anxiety, because it feels like it can come out of nowhere.
- And when you think about the anxiety at its worst, it can feel totally debilitating.
I help gay men find freedom from anxiety so that they can start living life to the fullest again.
I know you want to get your life back.
You want to live your life how you want to live it, not how the anxiety tells you to live it.
I've been there.
I'm a gay guy just like you. Being gay comes with its own challenges, and I know how stressful life can be.
I've got good news: you don't need to suffer alone. I'm here to help.
I know that reaching out for help can be difficult, especially when you don't know what to expect. So here's what you can except from me:
- I provide a warm, non-judgemental and shame-free counselling environment so that you feel safe and supported.
- I’ll listen deeply to your concerns so that we can get a good grasp of “the issue.”
- I’ll help you move toward the life that you truly want, deep down inside. And if you don’t know what you want out of life, then we can explore that together too.
- I’ll teach you skills to bring you into the here-and-now so that you can start living life in the moment, rather than in the past or the future. These can be longer exercises like meditations, but can also be quick and easy skills to ground you in moments of panic.
- I help clients by using a form of cognitive-behavioural therapy (CBT) called acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT). ACT is a research-based therapy with a significant amount of evidence that supports its effectiveness.
Most importantly, I help clients develop strategies to flexibility respond to anxiety whenever or however it shows up in their lives.
Anxiety is tough. You don’t have to suffer alone in silence. Visit my website today and book your free 15 minute consultation call to begin your journey toward relief and healing.