Areas of practice
- Anxiety and/or Panic
- Gender Identity Issues
- LGBTQ Issues
- Men's Issues
- Stress Management
- Acceptance & Commitment Therapy
- Mindfulness approaches
- Online / Virtual / Telehealth Counselling
- Sex Therapy
Counselling practice website:https://www.centreforgaycounselling.com/victor-wakarchuk/
Hi, I'm Victor. I’m a Registered Clinical Counsellor and Registered Social Worker (BC, Alberta and Ontario) who primarily works with gay men through online video counselling.
I help gay men find freedom from anxiety, stress and overwhelm so that they can start living life to the fullest again.
- Do you feel unable to live in the moment because you’re constantly stuck in your head?
- Does it feel like the life you want is passing you by while you suffer in silence?
- Maybe the fear of anxiety, stress, or overwhelm is holding you back because you never know when it will come out of nowhere and take over.
- When you think back to some of your worst moments, you might feel totally debilitated because you know how intense the overwhelm (or even panic) can get.
- Perhaps you feel hopeless and all alone when your thoughts are spiraling, and like nothing works to make you feel better.
If you’re like many of the clients I’ve helped, you’ve probably decided enough is enough: something needs to change.
You want to get your life back. You want to feel confident and in control. You want to live your life how you want to live it, not how anxiety, stress, or overwhelm tells you to live it.
I’ve been there.
I’m a gay guy just like you. Being gay comes with its own challenges, and I know how stressful life can be.
You don’t need to suffer alone. I’m here to help. Visit my website today and book your free 15 minute consultation call to begin your journey toward relief and healing.
In addition to my work with anxiety, stress and overwhelm, I also support clients with concerns related to sex and sexuality. I approach these issues from a sex-positive, kink-positive and polyamory-positive perspective, which means I will never shame or judge you for your sexual or relational life. Quite the opposite-I will support you in a safe and nonjudgmental way to explore these concerns together, so that we can find solutions to help you have a full and rich sex and relational life. I recognize the link between both mental health and sexual health, and both are equally important aspects of our wellbeing.
Sex and sexuality are highly stigmatized issues, particularly for members of the queer community, and it can be challenging to find a counsellor you feel comfortable with to discuss these concerns. I'm here to help. Reach out today to book a consult to get started.
- Completed an intensive sex therapy training program through the University of Guelph.