Areas of practice
- Adolescent Issues
- Anxiety and/or Panic
- Life Transitions
- Self-Esteem Issues
- Sleep Difficulties-Children
- Stress Management
- Acceptance & Commitment Therapy
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Mindfulness approaches
- Motivational Interviewing
- Video Counselling
Counselling practice website:www.drvaleriecaldeira.com
I am a Registered Psychologist providing therapy to children, adolescents, and adults in Vancouver, BC. I provide evidence-based treatment for clients with a range of difficulties including anxiety, depression, stress, anger, managing life transitions, chronic pain, sleep difficulties, and relationship challenges. I am an energetic and friendly psychologist who believes in client-centered, collaborative treatment plans.
I completed a PhD in Clinical Psychology at the University of Victoria. I have worked in private practice clinics, community mental health clinics, inpatient and outpatient hospital settings, university psychology clinics, and youth detention centers. I am also a consultant whereby I train clinicians in therapy that is guided by up-to-date research.
My primary orientation is Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT). In addition to CBT, I have trained in a variety of other treatment methods which allows me to integrate components of other interventions when appropriate, such as Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), Motivational Interviewing, and Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT). I work collaboratively with clients to reach personal goals and improve quality of life.
- I completed my doctoral degree in Clinical Psychology at the University of Victoria with specialized training in Life-Span Development.
- I received specialized training in treating anxiety disorders and related conditions during my doctoral degree.
- I have been invited to several schools in Vancouver to speak to staff, students, and parents about managing stress and anxiety.
- I work as a consultant for CBT Connections where I train clinicians in treating anxiety & related conditions with evidence-based treatment.
- I am a consultant for York House School where I provide supervisory support to their counseling staff.
Client fee individuals:225 for each 50-minute session