Areas of practice
- Abuse - Emotional, Physical, Sexual
- Anger Management Issues
- Divorce and/or Separation
- Grief and Loss - General
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Trauma Counselling
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy (EFT)
- Gestalt Therapy
- Solution Focused Therapy
Other languages spoken
Shahrzad has her Master of Arts in Marriage & Family Therapy from Trinity Western University. She holds a Bachelor degree in Psychology with an emphasis on neuroscience from University of British Columbia. She has over 6 years experience of helping individuals with developmental disabilities and their families.
Shahrzad understands how easily we can get stuck and how profoundly the stories and wounds from the past can impact our current relationships, situations and outcomes. She believes that building a relationship with her clients based on compassion, trust, empathy and mutual respect is essential to the counselling process. Within this relationship and safe environment, clients feel heard and cared for which allows them to create positive change in their lives
Shahrzad believes in approaching health holistically which includes: physical, emotional, intellectual and spiritual aspects. Her approach to counselling is systemic, relational, attachment-focused and trauma-informed. She has specialized training in Emotion Focused Therapy (EFT) and Internal Family System (IFS).
Areas of Expertise:
- Individuals: Addiction (substance use, Pornography and sexual addiction), Trauma, Grief & Loss, Anxiety and Depression, Personal Growth & Development, Relationship Issues, Life Transitions, Spiritual Journey, Cultural Adjustment, Developmental Disabilities
- Couples: Relational Growth, Communication Problems, Lack of Intimacy and Closeness, Conflict Resolution, Infidelity, Premarital Counselling
- Family: Family distress, Parent and adolescent therapy, Immigrant parents and children from other cultures and countries, Families with special needs children, Family Life Cycle.
She is fluent in three languages including English, Farsi, and Turkish.
Client fee individuals:130
Client fee couples/families:130