Areas of practice
- Abuse - Emotional, Physical, Sexual
- Anger Management Issues
- Anxiety and/or Panic
- Borderline Personality Disorder
- Family Issues
- Grief and Loss - General
- Intimacy Issues
- Life Transitions
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Sexual Assault
- Stress Management
- Suicide Ideation / Survivor
- Trauma Counselling
- Women's Issues
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy
- Emotion Focused Therapy
- Gottman Method Couples Therapy
- Marriage & Couples Counselling
- Mindfulness approaches
- Psychodynamic Therapy
Counselling practice website:ShaunaCheneyMSW.com
If you want to change your life, therapy is a great way to start.
I help people develop coping skills to manage complicated thoughts and emotions. With 22 years of experience, I provide a supportive and educational setting to help you manage your emotions, achieve goals, make positive changes, and overcome difficulties.
But, the first step is actually reaching out for help.. I provide therapy for clients who have all sorts of issues. My clients often struggle with anxiety, depression, post-partum depression, PTSD, borderline personality disorder, panic attacks and relationship problems. I also work closely with family doctors and psychiatrists through my other job at Fraser Health providing therapy for adults.
I also take on a limited number of couples who are struggling with communication, stress, infidelity and sexual issues for evidence based couples therapy.
- I first offer you a 15 minute free consultation to field any questions and to see if it is a good fit.
- For your first 50 minute session, I offer a comprehensive mental health evaluation and a clinical impression of your diagnosis.
- I specialize in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) and Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT) as well as Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT) for couples.
- I also provide evidence-based trauma counseling for those who are working through trauma, abuse and sexual assault.
- I will guide you through the health care system to get you connected with a psychiatrist for a medication review, if you would like it.
Please give me a call. I'll always try to get back to you within 24 hours. (236) 332-1097
Client fee individuals:$170/session for individuals with extended health insurance. $160/session for people without insurance.
Client fee couples/families:$200/hr for couples.