Areas of practice
- Anxiety and/or Panic
- Grief and Loss - General
- Life Transitions
- Personal Growth
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Existential Analysis
- Feminist Psychotherapy
- Psychodynamic Therapy
- Solution Focused Therapy
Counselling practice website:www.moniquesilverman.com
My work is primarily relational, experiential and emotion-focused. This approach is called Accelerated Experiential Psychodynamic Therapy (AEDP) and seamlessly encourages you to engage with your emotional life while addressing your early relationships and attachment style. Along the way, your neurobiology changes so you can start feeling better. This approach helps you locate the often elusive “felt sense” that we all experience but often have difficulty articulating. Even though this methodology feels like a warm in-depth conversation, it is evidenced based. It also quickly and effectively keeps you out of the trap of “just talking” about what isn’t working or feels difficult in your life.
Also inspiring and informing my work are Carl Rogers and Alfred Alder from the humanistic schools, and Solution Focused Therapy from the brief therapy model.
Client safety, confidentiality, and professional ethics are essential to a counselling relationship. I strive to provide counselling experiences that are positive, beneficial, useful and safe. While painful and difficult emotions can emerge through counselling, I also respectfully incorporate lightness and humor into my work.
- To provide an empathetic, safe & respectful environment
- To help you access your own insight
- To encourage you to act on the self-identified change that you desire
- To strategize how to make change happen
- To witness your experiences
- To advocate for your future sense of happiness and fulfillment
- To support you through your personal process
- To foster your capacity to work through issues with increased independence
- To uncover unproductive patterns of behaviour
- To inspire you in the transformation of your life
Please visit my website at www.moniquesilverman.com for more information about my practice and how I may be able to help you.
Client fee individuals:$120/ hr with sliding scale available