Areas of practice
- Abuse - Emotional, Physical, Sexual
- Addictions - Including Substances
- Adolescent Issues
- Anxiety and/or Panic
- Compassion Fatigue
- Family Issues
- Grief and Loss - General
- Parenting Issues
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Professional Burnout
- Stress Management
- Suicide Ideation / Survivor
- Trauma Counselling
- Workplace Issues
- Acceptance & Commitment Therapy
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy
- Humanistic Therapy
- In Person Counselling
- Mindfulness approaches
- Motivational Interviewing
- Online / Virtual / Telehealth Counselling
- Relational Psychotherapy
Counselling practice website:www.lisayeates.com
Do you feel hooked by painful thoughts, emotions, and behaviours that pull you away from the person you want to be? Work with me to explore how to live life with meaning, to move on from the past and build skills to cope with today.
Learn how to take action to live in the present moment and skills to unhook from painful, thoughts, emotions, sensations, urges and behaviours.
Get back to living life with meaning despite the reality of what you are facing in your relationships, community or your work.
Together we work holistically integrating approaches that are trauma-informed and strengths-based that work with your body, mind and emotions all within the context of the cultures you live and work in. I will collaborate with you on what it is you need, and listen to what you’ve already tried.
I have specialized training and experience working with people and their loved ones who struggle with Substance Abuse and other Compulsive Behaviours, Trauma, and Anxiety amongst others.
I am a provider for Crime Victim Assistance Program (CVAP) and ICBC.
I have been endorsed and have Silver Medal of endorsement for Cultural Competency in working with First Responders.
Please reach out to discuss if I would be a good fit for your needs.
- EMDR Therapy - advanced training in complex trauma, Addictions, early trauma
- Concurrent Disorders - 8 years working for Vancouver Coastal Health as a Concurrent Disorders Clinician with clients and their loved ones.
Client fee individuals:$150 plus GST
Client fee couples/families:$175 plus GST