Areas of practice
- Abuse - Emotional, Physical, Sexual
- Anxiety and/or Panic
- Chronic Pain
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Sleep Difficulties-Adults
- Trauma Counselling
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive Processing Therapy
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy
- Grief and Loss - Complicated.
- Pain Management
- Pain Reprocessing Therapy
Counselling practice website:https://leonawestra.ca
Do you find your life limited by trauma and chronic pain and want to get more out of your life? Are you tired of the pain and suffering and are looking for a way to gain some control over your life?
If the following resonates with you, I can help:
- Feeling on edge, reactive, overwhelmed, empty, trapped, helpless, and/or unsettled?
- Feeling controlled or limited by the pain, trauma, or emotional suffering? Or feeling like you are losing a part of yourself to your trauma or pain?
- Avoiding people, places or activities that remind you of the trauma or trigger unwanted symptoms?
- Struggling with persistent negative emotions (sadness, guilt, shame, anger, etc.), fears, and worries?
- Being harsh with yourself, engaging in self-blame, people-pleasing, putting pressure on yourself, and/or perfectionism?
- Feeling like you need to protect yourself because you don’t feel safe or have trouble trusting others or the world around you.
- Struggling with grief, substance use, suicidal thoughts, depression, or anxiety in addition to the trauma and/or chronic pain?
You don’t have to go it alone. Let’s get you off the rollercoaster, find out who you really are, what you want from life, and where you want to go next. We will work together to help you find ways to reduce your pain and other symptoms, to tackle barriers that are preventing you from reaching your full potential, and to help you find the healing so that you can achieve the change you want in your life.
Therapeutic tools and techniques can benefit people suffering from trauma and chronic pain in many ways, such as:
- Gaining an understanding of why you are reacting the way you are, why your body is reacting the way it is, and why it is affecting you the way it is.
- Experiencing a reduction in your pain and trauma symptoms.
- Learning how to reframe your thoughts so they don't impact you the same way.
- Retraining your brain so that you aren't as sensitive to pain and trauma triggers.
- Experiencing a reduction of uncomfortable sensations and emotions, as well as an increased sense of peace.
- Gaining more control over your life.
- Gaining more self-confidence and belief in yourself.
- Discovering or rebuilding a sense of self, safety, and connection.
My approach is compassionate, interactive, and collaborative. If you are limiting yourself, I want to open your eyes to the possibilities. I do not fear your trauma, pain or emotions. You are much more than what you’ve done or the experiences you’ve faced. I use a variety of counselling styles to help address your current needs and achieve your goals.
Change is possible. I can help you create a life that isn’t based on the past. We can help you find freedom from the chains you’ve been holding onto and the challenges you’re facing. Please reach out and book a free 15-minute consultation session (phone/video) where we can discuss how I can help you.
I am a service provider with FHNA, CVAP, and ICBC.
Client fee individuals:150