Areas of practice
- Anxiety and/or Panic
- Intimacy Issues
- Life Transitions
- Marriage and/or Relationship Issues
- Sexual Assault
- Women's Issues
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy (EFT)
- Emotionally Focused Therapy - Individuals
- Family Systems
- Feminist Psychotherapy
- Gottman Method Couples Therapy
- Marriage & Couples Counselling
- Mindfulness approaches
- Narrative Therapy
- ONLINE / VIRTUAL / TELEHEALTH COUNSELLING
- Sex Therapy
- Solution Focused Therapy
Counselling practice website:www.mareelcounselling.ca
Together we can work through what is holding you back from having the life you hope for. I believe this is worth doing at any age, and any stage of life or relationship. It is never too late to find out who you want to become.
Moving forward and connecting with others when you feel stuck or slowed down by your own pain or past is difficult. Feeling as though every day you carry a heavy load of anxiety, disappointments, and painful memories. You might feel tired, worn out and you don’t have the energy to connect with the people and activities that could bring you happiness, joy and love.
It is possible to reconnect with yourself, your partner, your relationships, and your life in ways that you choose.You do not have to settle for those you feel stuck with.
Maybe you wish that life could be a little easier, with more good days than bad days and you hope for some joyous moments.
This could include:
- Lightening the heavy load of anxiety, disappointments, and painful memories.
- Support in finding the energy to connect with the people and activities that could bring you happiness, joy and love.
- Finding new ways to connect with your sexuality and overcome past sexual trauma.
- Help moving through a transition in life.
- Changing the patterns you have with your partner or relationships to find the connected, fun and playful love you once had or wish for.
Don’t settle for thinking, “I guess this is just how things are.” Your life can improve, and with support, changes can be made that make your life easier for you. We can do this in warm, supportive and caring sessions, which I am told, clients find both helpful and enjoyable!
For over 30 years, as a teacher and then as a registered clinical counsellor, it has been a privilege to help people explore their sexuality and lives and support them in pushing back at societal and gendered expectations so they can find their own path.
I use a variety of approaches in my work with the emphasis always being on the needs of my client. Together we collaborate and create sessions that work best for you and are unique to your needs using evidence based modalities. Underlying all work is a trauma informed approach using a feminist, biopsychosocial, intersectional and anti-oppressive lens.
Reach out today and we can connect for a free consultation to see if we are a good fit.
BA, BEd, MCP, RCC # 18810
- I have years of training and education in all types of sexuality and relationships.
Client fee individuals:140 for 55 minutes, 195 for 80 Minutes
Client fee couples/families:150 for 55 Minutes, 200 for 80 minutes