Areas of practice
- Adolescent Issues
- Anxiety and/or Panic
- Critical Incidents and Acute Stress
- Divorce and/or Separation
- Grief and Loss - General
- Life Transitions
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Stress Management
- Trauma Counselling
- Workplace Issues
- Adolescent Therapy
- Brief Therapy
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Communication Skills Training
- Critical Incident Stress Management
- Narrative Therapy
- Relational Psychotherapy
- Relaxation Therapy
Counselling practice website:www.langleycounselling.ca
If you are looking for a practically based down-to-earth counsellor with over 30 years of experience in helping others, you have arrived at the right place. Making the decision to enter into counselling can be a highly anxiety provoking experience. Fears of being judged come up, trust is a concern. I strive to make each client's experience of counselling one in which they feel comfortable, safe, connected, and free from judgment as we work through the challenges they are facing.
My work experience and areas of expertise include:
- EAP and private practice work with individuals and couples in the areas of acute trauma and stress, anxiety, depression, separation and divorce, infidelity, grief and loss, workplace issues, transitional concerns, communication and couples issues, personal development, relationship readiness, women's issues, adolescent issues and self esteem.
- Contract work with WorkSafe BC, Shepell Morneau and Fraser Health providing individual and group Critical Incident Stress Debriefings and follow-up support
- Over a decade of experience with substance addictions, both with users and those affected
- Youth work and street youth work
I utilize a compassionate, client-centered approach in counselling, drawing from the theories of the schools of cognitive behavioral, solution-focused, hypnotherapy, mindfulness, and existential therapies. I want clients to feel confident that they can surmount the challenges that life presents and believe it is important to give you the tools and strategies you need to succeed. I work to ensure that clients move toward their goals in counselling in a timely and effective manner while at the same time feeling heard and understood. I believe laughter is an essential part of therapy that is often overlooked.
Client safety and professional ethics are of primary importance to me in the counselling relationship. I work with clients to explore limiting beliefs they may be holding that are keeping them from reaching their full potential.
I am a registered service provider for the Crime Victim Assistance Program, and the Residential Historical Abuse Program, a contracted service provider for the Air Canada EAP,Vancouver Coastal Health, and FSEAP, and am a contracted trauma provider and CIS debriefer for Worksafe BC,Shepell Morneau and Fraser Health.
I'm an avid learner and am constantly building on my knowledge and expertise through professional development and research, so that I can better help you. I have completed the Occupational Awareness Course for working with First Responders put on by the BCPFFA.
I look forward to hearing from you and to supporting you in your quest for personal growth. Lisa
Client fee individuals:120.00 an hour GST included
Client fee couples/families:120.00 an hour GST included