Primary location:Crossin Counselling 970 Burrard Street, Office #207 Vancouver, V6Z 2R4
Office is wheelchair accessible
Areas of practice
- Anxiety and/or Panic
- Cancer Care and Support
- Grief and Loss - General
- Stress Management
- Trauma Counselling
- Workplace Issues
- Body Centred Psychotherapy
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Mindfulness approaches
- Self Regulation Therapy (SRT)
- Skype/Video Counselling
- Solution Focused Therapy
- Somatic Experiencing
Counselling practice website:www.crossincounselling.com
- I've been counselling in private practice in Vancouver and Halifax for over 8 years and my focus is working with adults who suffer from anxiety and depression. Anxiety and depression are catch-all phrases for a variety of symptoms and can result from a multitude of causes or events. While anxiety and depression are common experiences things may become problematic when they interfere with our activities of daily living or quality of life. Anxiety and depression may stem from unresolved experiences such as past trauma, grief and loss events, health issues, relationship problems, workplace challenges, to name just a few. These are examples of some of the issues we can process in therapy while you're learning new skills for coping (shorter-term therapy) or healing from past events (longer-term therapy).
- My approach interweaves solution-focused, client-centered, and mindfulness-based CBT strategies. I've taken advanced training in Attachment-Focused EMDR, Self-Regulation Therapy, and I've completed a 200-hour Yoga Teacher Training program. Additionally, I have certification in Conflict Resolution and Human-Resources Management, as well as extensive experience in corporate HR and 3rd party mediation.
- I help my clients gain the skills and confidence they need to address and manage their symptoms. As a long-term cancer survivor (touch wood) I'm familiar with anxiety and depression, and I bring genuine compassion to the counselling session. Clients can expect to learn effective and practical solutions to current problems, and if desired to address the source of current problems by processing past experiences.
If you think I'm a good fit for you call me at 604-817-5440 for a free 15-min phone consultation or to book an appointment.
- Attachment-Focused EMDR (AF-EMDR) Self-Regulation Therapy 200-hour Yoga Teacher Training
Client fee individuals:$200 per hour