Areas of practice
- Abuse - Emotional, Physical, Sexual
- Anger Management Issues
- Anxiety and/or Panic
- Chronic Illness
- Death and Dying
- Divorce and/or Separation
- Grief and Loss - General
- Life Transitions
- Marriage and/or Relationship Issues
- Self-Esteem Issues
- Stress Management
- Trauma Counselling
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy (EFT)
- Family Systems
- Humanistic Therapy
- Marriage & Couples Counselling
- Narrative Therapy
- ONLINE / VIRTUAL / TELEHEALTH COUNSELLING
- Solution Focused Therapy
- Telephone Counselling
Counselling practice website:www.lizellebadenhorstcounselling.com
I have a Masters Degree in Psychology and have worked as a therapist since 1995. I am a Registered Clinical Counsellor(RCC) with the BC Association for Clinical Counsellors.
I have been working with anxiety, depression, trauma, low self-esteem, post traumatic stress, grief and loss, relationship challenges and chronic illness for many years.
My approach is gentle, but focussed and I have noticed when clients are in a respectful, caring and safe setting, they can explore challenges in their lives and feel empowered. I believe that uncovering people's strengths help them to make more mindful choices, combining the wisdom of their mind and body.
With couples we explore unhealthy cycles and through this exploration the couple develops healthy connections for a more rewarding relationship.
I work with a wide range of clients including adults, individuals, couples and families.
I have successfully supported clients to:
- Overcome anxiety/panic, depression
- Feel more confident, increase self-esteem
- Have more rewarding relationships
- Resolve trauma (present and past)
- Manage anger and stress effectively
- Develop new perspectives and strategies for a healthier lifestyle
- Learn to live with the loss of loved ones
- Live with chronic illness in an effective and meaningful way
- Resolve family issues
- Cope effectively through separation and divorce
If you would like to learn more about my treatment approaches, please call or e-mail me.
- Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy
- Lifespan Integration Counselling for Trauma
- Cognitive Behaviour Counselling
- EMDR Therapy
Client fee individuals:$130
Client fee couples/families:$140