Areas of practice
- Addictions - Including Substances
- Anxiety and/or Panic
- Eating Disorders
- Marriage and/or Relationship Issues
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Emotion Focused Therapy
- ONLINE / VIRTUAL COUNSELLING
- TELEPHONE COUNSELLING
- VIDEO COUNSELLING
Counselling practice website:pybuscounselling.com
***Update March 23, 2020: During the COVID-19 outbreak, I am meeting clients exclusively online (via Zoom Pro) or over the telephone. New clients are warmly welcome!
A Registered Clinical Counsellor (#14856) and Professional Art Therapist, I bring expertise, passion, and skill to my practice with clients of diverse cultures and experience. I practice from a place of compassion, non-judgment, curiosity, and respect, and strive to facilitate each client's innate capacity for positive growth and development. I hold that the relationship between therapist and client is the primary healing factor for individuals experiencing developmental, internal, and interpersonal challenges.
My goal as a counselling art therapist is to:
- Understand and accept each client’s inner world to help them move towards healthier functioning
- Encourage self-expression within a safe, non-threatening and accepting environment to facilitate the client’s natural processes for enhancement
- Provide guidance and practical tools to effect change (e.g., communication skills)
- Help individuals address self-defeating beliefs and behaviours, and overcome obstacles to personal growth and fulfillment
Combining person-centered therapy, emotion-focused therapy (EFT), mindfulness-based cognitive behavioural therapy (MCBT), and expressive art therapy, I provide a confidential, focused setting to help individuals strive towards meaningful, lasting change. Whether coping with issues of disordered eating, body image, self-esteem, intimacy, communication, life transitions, or work-related stress, I offer a tailored approach to exploring and resolving issues according to the individual or couple’s goals and needs.
My clinical practice areas include:
- Addictions - Process and Substance-based
- Anger management
- Childhood Abuse and/or Trauma
- Disordered eating obesity
- Emotional regulation
- Interpersonal issues
- Life Transitions
- Marriage and/or Relationship issues
- Social anxiety
From being both client and counsellor, I believe that finding a good fit with the therapist is key to therapeutic success. In fact, the therapeutic relationship is one of the primary healing factors in therapy, which is why it's so important that clients feel comfortable speaking with their therapist. As such, I happily offer a free 20-minute, no-obligation consultation via phone or online for clients to assess for fit. And if I feel that I'm not adequate to serve you as client, I will do my best to provide alternative resources and/or referrals. Please don't hesitate to contact me directly for more information or to schedule a free consultation.
Client fee individuals:$120 + 5% GST
Client fee couples/families:$130 + 5% GST