Areas of practice
- Adoption Issues
- Anxiety and/or Panic
- Divorce and/or Separation
- Family Conflict
- Family Issues
- Intimacy Issues
- Life Transitions
- Marriage and/or Relationship Issues
- Personal Growth
- Pre-Marital Counselling
- Religious/Spiritual trauma
- Self-Esteem Issues
- Stress Management
- Women's Issues
- Cross Cultural Therapy
- Emotion Focused Therapy
- Family Systems
- Gottman Method Couples Therapy
- Marriage & Couples Counselling
- Online / Virtual / Telehealth Counselling
- Spiritual Counselling
Counselling practice website:www.healinghorizons.ca
Welcome to Healing Horizons Therapy!
I am accepting new clients for both individual and couples sessions. I am currently seeing clients online only. In-person sessions will be offered soon.
To let you know a little about me, I have a master’s degree in counselling from Providence University and Seminary in Manitoba. I am a Registered Clinical Counsellor (RCC) with the BCACC (BC Association of Clinical Counsellors) and a Certified Professional Counsellor (CPC) with PACCP. Additionally, I am a professional member of the American Association of Marriage and Family Therapists in the USA.
I am originally from Victoria, BC, and recently moved back with my family to the island after spending many years in Calgary, followed by 12 years as a missionary counsellor in Rwanda, Africa, establishing Lighthouse Counselling and Training Centre in Kigali. www.lighthouserwanda.org
With over 20 years of clinical experience, I consider myself to be an empathetic and active listener who is passionate about helping people overcome the problems in their lives that impact their daily living. As a counsellor, I am honored to walk alongside you as a guide assisting you in navigating the issues that are concerning to you and uncovering resources, to support you along this journey. My goal is to create a space where you can be authentically yourself.
- I believe that developing a strong therapeutic relationship with my clients is essential to the process of emotional and psychological healing.
- I believe that my clients are the experts on their own lives and that they need to be in the driver's seat when it comes to therapy.
- I believe that counselling is a journey, not a destination and that each person requires an individualized approach to their counselling.
I work from an integrated approach, utilizing person-centred, attachment-based, and emotion-focused methods to inform my therapy. My areas of expertise include pre-marital and couples therapy, identity issues, mental health, cross-cultural living and spirituality. I am also an Enneagram Accredited Practitioner.
It would be my pleasure to connect with you soon and begin working together.
- Gottman Level 1 and 2
- Integrative 9 - Accredited Enneagram Practitioner
Client fee individuals:$150
Client fee couples/families:$165