Areas of practice
- Addictions - Including Substances
- Addictions - Pornography
- Adoption Issues
- Anger Management Issues
- Anxiety and/or Panic
- Family Conflict
- Family Issues
- First Nations Issues
- Grief and Loss - General
- Intimacy Issues
- Marriage and/or Relationship Issues
- Men's Issues
- Stress Management
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Communication Skills Training
- Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy (EFT)
- Gestalt Therapy
- Gottman Method Couples Therapy
- Jungian Psychotherapy
- Marriage & Couples Counselling
- Mindfulness approaches
- Online / Virtual / Telehealth Counselling
- Sex Therapy
- Solution Focused Therapy
- Telephone Counselling
Other languages spoken
Counselling practice website:www.izumitherapy.com
Relationships make the world go round; they can also make your world miserable when things aren't working. I am a trained couples counsellor with the tools and intuition to help you improve your relationships, including your relationship with yourself. I have the skills, temperament, training, and experience to help you get your life and relationships back on track. I have advanced training as a relationship counsellor and over 20 years of direct experience. I use evidence-based methods, including Gottman Method Couples Therapy and Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT, for individuals). I am also trained in depth-psychotherapy; helping you unearth the roots of issues so that change is possible and can be maintained for the future..
Although primarily a couple's counsellor, I have a strong background in helping individuals too, including post graduate certification in anxiety and depression treatment, experience as a crisis counsellor, and an in-depth understanding of how to help people feel better. I can also help you deal with grief and loss, and all the curve balls life can throw.
I have created a unique program of Intensive Couples Therapy (the first in Western Canada). Contact me for more details about how to get your relationship on track at a specialized retreat just for you..
- Good therapy starts with the therapist; great therapy begins with you. Let me know what you are facing and I would be happy to explain how I can help you with timely and effective skills, empathy, and a professional therapeutic alliance.
I offer in-person therapy and distance therapy. Secure video counselling and telephone counselling available. I am also offering Couples Intensives Retreat both in-person and via video for those with children, busy jobs, and who are from out of town/province.
- Advanced certification in evidence-based couples therapy, including Gottman Method Couples Therapy.
- Post-Graduate Certification through UBC in CBT. Advanced anxiety/depression treatment. Trained at Peace Arch Hospital (EPI program); and more.
Client fee individuals:140 (plus GST)
Client fee couples/families:150 (plus GST)