Areas of practice
- Addictions - Including Substances
- Addictions - Pornography
- Anger Management Issues
- Anxiety and/or Panic
- First Nations Issues
- Grief and Loss - General
- Intimacy Issues
- Marriage and/or Relationship Issues
- Men's Issues
- Stress Management
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Communication Skills Training
- Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy (EFT)
- Gestalt Therapy
- Gottman Method Couples Therapy
- Jungian Psychotherapy
- Marriage & Couples Counselling
- Mindfulness approaches
- ONLINE / VIRTUAL / TELEHEALTH COUNSELLING
- Sex Therapy
- Solution Focused Therapy
- Telephone Counselling
Other languages spoken
Counselling practice website:www.izumitherapy.com
Relationships make the world go round; they can also make your world miserable when things aren't working. I am a trained marital therapist with the skills and passion to help you improve your relationships, including your relationship with yourself. I have the skills, temperament, training, and experience to help you get your life and relationships back on track. I have advanced training as a relationship counsellor and over 20 years of direct experience. I use evidence-based methods, including Gottman Method Couples Therapy and Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT, for individuals).
Although primarily a couple's counsellor, I have a strong background in helping individuals too, including post graduate certification in anxiety and depression management, experience as a crisis counsellor, and an in-depth understanding of how to help people feel better. I can also help you deal with grief and loss, and the curve balls life can throw.
- Good therapy starts with the therapist; great therapy begins with you. Let me know what you are facing and I would be happy to explain how I can help you with timely and effective skills, empathy, and a professional therapeutic alliance.
Secrue video counselling and telephone counselling available.
Client fee individuals:125 (plus GST)
Client fee couples/families:135 (plus GST)