Areas of practice
- Abuse - Emotional, Physical, Sexual
- Addictions - Including Substances
- Anger Management Issues
- Anxiety and/or Panic
- Marriage and/or Relationship Issues
- Trauma Counselling
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Communication Skills Training
- Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy (EFT)
- Family Systems
- Internal Family Systems
- Marriage & Couples Counselling
- Mindfulness approaches
- Sensorimotor Psychotherapy
- Telephone Counselling
- Video Counselling
Counselling practice website:www.joyschellenbergcounselling.com
Are you tired of feeling stuck or dissatisfied with how your life is going? Maybe you’ve been struggling for awhile. You’re fed up or overwhelmed and you don’t know where to turn. It seems the same unhelpful or negative things keep happening over and over again. You seem to manage ok for a while, but your methods of coping just aren’t working anymore.
- Your emotions seem to be taking over.
- You’re plagued by feelings of not being “good enough”.
- Intimate relationships may be problematic.
- You’re consoling yourself by abusing substances or food
You may or may not know that the above are frequently symptoms of unhealed childhood abuse or trauma. Unhealed abuse and trauma can take complete control over your life BUT it sure doesn’t have to. Imagine what it would be like to:
- have more meaningful relationships
- respect and value yourself
- feel calmer and more at peace
- feel hopeful about the future
I have provided counselling for people who have histories of childhood abuse for more than 20 years. In addition to my Masters degree in psychology, I am certified in EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing), a proven technique for helping people resolve pain and trauma. I am highly intuitive, and deeply caring. I have a strong background in social and environmental justice, so helping others is embedded in my value system. “Caring” is part of my lifestyle.
To find out more about how I work and how therapy can help, please check out my website. I look forward to talking to you.
Client fee individuals:$140/hr plus tax
Client fee couples/families:$150/hr plus tax