Areas of practice
- Abuse - Emotional, Physical, Sexual
- Addictions - Relationship
- Anxiety and/or Panic
- Borderline Personality Disorder
- Chronic Pain
- Family Conflict
- Grief and Loss - General
- Intimacy Issues
- Marriage and/or Relationship Issues
- Parenting Issues
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Self-Esteem Issues
- Trauma Counselling
- Body Centred Psychotherapy
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy
- Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy (EFT)
- Intensive Short-Term Dynamic Psychotherapy (ISTDP)
- Internal Family Systems
- Marriage & Couples Counselling
- ONLINE / VIRTUAL COUNSELLING
- Relational Psychotherapy
- Sensorimotor Psychotherapy
Counselling practice website:www.centrepointpsychotherapy.com
I love my work, and am passionate about helping people have more joy and fulfillment in their lives and relationships!
I am a Registered Clinical Counsellor and EMDR practitioner with extensive training and experience providing people with the tools, resources, and support to end unhelpful patterns, and create positive change!
Since 2013 my clients have benefitted from my highly effective treatment approach that draws from a number of powerful healing modalities. The people I work with appreciate how I focus on their strengths, and help them feel at ease. My genuine care and understanding helps my clients tackle self sabotaging patterns that stand in the way of their success and happiness!
- What would it be like to shed the outdated negative patterns that undermine your self esteem, and deplete your confidence to create the life you want?
- How would it feel to heal old traumas and unburden the painful emotions that stop your heart from loving freely and without fear?
- Imagine working with a warm, skilled professional who tailors therapy to your needs, and helps you to realize your best self in all areas of your life!
Like plants that need optimal light, water, and nourishing soil to thrive, when we have the right conditions, we too are wired to heal. I have the skills and experience to help you traverse emotional difficulties safely and effectively. I truly believe in your capacity to grow, and am allied with your goals. By staying present, and listening well not just to your words but to what I notice in your body language, I know when to slow down, and when to challenge you so our work together proceeds at a pace that works best for you.
My ecclectic approach to therapy grows out of decades of personal and professional research in both Eastern and Western approaches to healing. I continue to pursue ongoing training in the most respected and evidence-based therapeutic modalities such as: Mindfulness, Self Compassion Training, Sensorimotor Psychotherapy, Dialectical Behaviour Therapy, EMDR, AEDP, Internal Family Systems, Attachment, and Depth Psychology approaches. For a full list of my training, go to https://www.centrepointpsychotherapy.com/vancouver-based-counsellor-yoga-therapist-joelle-lazar.html. I appreciate each person’s uniqueness, and am excited to work with you in the spirit of creativity and collaboration. You deserve to feel good about yourself, and I am committed to helping you feel healthy, empowered, and fulfilled!
In our work together, you will:
- Heal from old traumas
- Release toxic shame and guilt.
- Take charge of anxiety and depression
- Tame your reactivity
- Manage difficult emotions and situations with equanimity
- Repair and strengthen precious bonds
- Deepen intimacy and closeness with your partner
- Deactivate negative self talk, and develop a positive, confident sense of self
- Learn self soothing and grounding tools and techniques
- Heal from abandonment issues
- Be doubtless about who you are even in the face of rejection
- Get relief from chronic pain
- Assert healthy boundaries
- Cultivate a healthy Work-Life balance
- Realize your creative potential!
For more information about me and my practice, please visit my web site www.centrepointpsychotherapy.com.
To schedule your free 15 min telephone consultation, email me using the email form in this lisitng or call me at 604-788-2804, or message me through this web site.
I look forward to meeting you!
- Accelerated Experiential Dynamic Psychotherapy (AEDP) Immersion and Core Training
- Sensorimotor Level I
- Emotion Focused Couples Therapy Externship
- Intensive Short Term Dynamic Psychotherapy (ISTDP) regular supervision since 2018
Client fee individuals:147/60 min
Client fee couples/families:157/60 min