Areas of practice
- Anger Management Issues
- Divorce and/or Separation
- Family Conflict
- Family Issues
- Grief and Loss - General
- Life Transitions
- Marriage and/or Relationship Issues
- Men's Issues
- Parenting Issues
- Self-Esteem Issues
- Stress Management
- Trauma Counselling
- Acceptance & Commitment Therapy
- ADD and ADHD Coping Strategies
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Emotion Focused Therapy
- Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy (EFT)
- Emotionally Focused Therapy - Individuals
- Grief and Loss - Complicated.
- Marriage & Couples Counselling
- Mindfulness approaches
- Motivational Interviewing
- Online / Virtual / Telehealth Counselling
Counselling practice website:https://www.jeffreyhoy.com/
I am a therapist who wants to help you, in the way that works for you, and at the pace that works for you. I seek to create a safe, calm, and open place for you to explore what is really going on. I have lived a richly experienced life - and I know first hand what it's like to be in a difficult place. I believe that my broad life experience - with both positive and many negative experiences - gives me an exceptional ability to understand, empathize with, and inspire the clients I work with.
My training enables me to help clients explore uncomfortable underlying emotions, thoughts, and memories that keep them from living the life they want. Many of my clients comment on how I bring a positive, gentle, authentic, and sometimes fun energy into the work we do, and I do believe in bringing myself into the therapy room as a person and not just a therapist.
I use a multifaceted approach to therapy including Emotion-Focused Therapy (EFT), Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Motivational Interviewing (MI), and Non-Violent Communication (NVC) - what does that mean? I will be able to connect and work with you in the way that works for you - by orienting to thoughts, ideas, attitudes and beliefs, or by connecting to deeper, vulnerable parts of you, or by exploring how emotions show up for you and what you do with them.
I am always honored when someone works with me in a therapeutic context, as I believe this work is the highest duty we have to each other as humans
Jeff Hoy holds a Masters of Arts (MA) Degree in Counselling Psychology from Yorkville University, and an undergraduate degree in Psychology from the University of Manitoba. He is an insured and Registered Clinical Counsellor (RCC) in the province of BC.
- 10+ years working with couples and families, and almost 8 as an RCC
- Emotion-Focused Therapy for couples as well as Gottman's training for couples work.
- 10+ years working with individuals to address Mental health issues or problematic patterns within their lives
- Emotion Focused Therapy for Individuals for addressing deep or underlying emotional issues causing long standing problematic patterns within a clients life
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy and Motivational Interviewing to address how clients thoughts and behaviours have caused or contributed to long standing issues
Client fee individuals:160
Client fee couples/families:180