Areas of practice
- Anger Management Issues
- Anxiety and/or Panic
- Career Issues
- Grief and Loss - General
- Life Transitions
- Marriage and/or Relationship Issues
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Parenting Issues
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Self-Esteem Issues
- Stress Management
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Communication Skills Training
- Cross Cultural Therapy
- Family Therapy
- Marriage & Couples Counselling
- Reality Therapy
- Satir Therapy
- TELEPHONE COUNSELLING
- Traumatic Incident Reduction (TIR)
Counselling practice website:www.healingtalk.net
Farideh Farzamian, Ph.D., RCC.
Welcome to Healing Talk Counselling!
Dr. Farideh Farzamian is a bilingual therapist. In her sessions she speaks English and/or Persian (Farsi). She has obtained her Ph.D and her Master's degree from the University of British Columbia. She holds designation of :
- Canadian Counsellor Certification (CCC) with the Canadian Counselling and Psychotherapy Association (CCPA) certification # 7964 ( 2002 - 2016)
- Registered Clinical Counsellor (RCC) with the BC Association of Clinical Counsellors - Registration # 4668
Dr. Farzamian has over 15 years experience providing counselling, parent education, consulting, and coaching. She is skilled at working with individuals, couples and families, helping patients move towards emotionally, spiritually and psychologically well-being and balance life. Dr. Farzamian motivates her patients to build an optimistic and constructive lifestyle.
Dr. Famzamian motivates her patients to build an optimistic and constructive lifestyle. She is an empathic listener who believes that her clients posses the innder strength, and wisdom necessary to feel empowered and the capacity for change when given the change, tools and direction.
Additionally, confidentiality, respect, care, non-judgmental, understanding and acknowledgment of the patient, is the main focus of Dr. Farzamian's therapeutic sessions. Her education, knowledge, experience, and above all, her love for helping people provide a valued service to the Vancouver community.
Dr. Farzamian was a dedicated instructor/lecturer at UBC, Department of Educational and Counselling Psychology and Special Education. Courses taught at UBC:
CNPS 364: Family Education and Consultations (2010-2014)
CNPS 427: Guidance: Planning and Decision making (2011).
Her patients present wide variety of issues including:
- Anxiety / Panic Attack
- PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder) -
- ICBC MVA Cases - Physical & Emotional injuries
- OCD (Obssessive Compulsive Disorder)
- Family Consultation
- Decision making and problem solving issues
- Relationship, pre-marriage,and/or marriage issues
- life/work transition,
- Immigrants' cross-cultural adjustment,
- Executives/CEOs/managers’ cross-cultural adjustment,
- Intercultural marriages,
- Separation and divorce,
- Loss and grief,
- Dealing with stress and anger
- Self-esteem issues
- Sexual orientation LGBT
- Suicidal thoughts
Effective April 1, 2018;
New Fees for a 50 minute session for individuals are $140 + GST.
Client fee individuals:$140.00 + GST for 50 minutes therapy session (cash or check,Credit Card)
Client fee couples/families:$150.00 + GST for 60 minutes therapy session (cash or cheque, Credit Card