Areas of practice
- Abuse - Emotional, Physical, Sexual
- Addictions - Including Substances
- Anger Management Issues
- Anxiety and/or Panic
- Family Conflict
- First Nations Issues
- Marriage and/or Relationship Issues
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Personal Growth
- Self Harming Practices
- Stress Management
- Suicide Ideation / Survivor
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy
- Emotion Focused Therapy
- Humanistic Therapy
- Internal Family Systems
- Mindfulness approaches
- Narrative Therapy
- ONLINE / VIRTUAL / TELEHEALTH COUNSELLING
- Video Counselling
Counselling practice website:davidtrenaud.com
I work with people experiencing difficult problems. These problems go by many names, and may be new or old, but all share the common trait of stubbornly obstructing our happiness. You might feel depressed, stuck or directionless, unable to steer toward a more hopeful future. You might struggle with the overwhelming complexity of your life, feel paralyzed by the choices it presents. You might lament the harshness with which you treat yourself or those you love. Whatever they do, however they operate, these problems make life needlessly hard.
At their heart, I believe that our problems carry essential insight about what we need to flourish. I help you to uncover their purpose, understand their wisdom, and take the steps to transform them into opportunities for greater well-being and authentic engagement with the world we share.
Some of the problems I work with include:
- Disconnection from oneself, low self-regard or self-worth, feeling 'lost' or aimless in life
- Disconnection from other people, such as feeling alone or lonely, detached, unloved or unloveable
- Reliance on food, work, shopping, sex or substances for comfort or contentment
- Ongoing low mood, sense of dread, despair, or lack of fulfillment in life
- Difficulty asserting oneself, or having one's needs, preferences or desires met or respected
- Volatility in relationships with oneself or others.
Drawing from the field of Positive Psychology, I also work to help build resilience:
- Identifying and building character strengths
- Clarifying and cultivating guiding values
- Finding vision, insight, and fortitude
- (Re)discovering depth of meaning and purpose in life.
Reach out to share an unhurried conversation about the problems you're experiencing, and the life you'd like to live. We'll talk about ways to help you move toward that life, using approaches that feel natural, intuitive, and possibly even exciting.
Client fee individuals:140