Areas of practice
- Abuse - Emotional, Physical, Sexual
- Anxiety and/or Panic
- Borderline Personality Disorder
- Child Stress and Trauma
- Dissociative Disorders
- First Nations Issues
- Gender Identity Issues
- Grief and Loss - General
- LGBTQ Issues
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Racism Issues
- Self Harming Practices
- Suicide Ideation / Survivor
- Trauma Counselling
- Brief Therapy
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy
- Emotion Focused Therapy
- Internal Family Systems
- Mindfulness approaches
- Motivational Interviewing
- Narrative Therapy
- Observed Experiential Integration (OEI)
- ONLINE / VIRTUAL / TELEHEALTH COUNSELLING
- Shame Counselling & Therapy
- Solution Focused Therapy
Counselling practice website:www.generationcounselling.com
Hi, I’m Derian Julihn (he/him/his). I am a Registered Clinical Counsellor (RCC) and a Canadian Clinical Counsellor (CCC) practicing in Langley. I have almost 20 years of experience supporting vulnerable youth and adults. My practice is centrally located in the Lower Mainland just off Highway 1 in Langley, BC. I work from anti-oppressive intersectionality lens. I am feminist/womanist, anti-racist, LGBTQ2+ allied, First Nations allied. Working hard to decolonize my own worldview. I am passionate about connecting people to the resources they need to thrive.
I enjoy helping those who suffer from anxiety, depression, shame, self-acceptance, addiction, trauma, abuse, and intrusive thoughts. Many of my client's mental health challenges are rooted in trauma or have a diagnosis strongly linked to trauma such as:
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Dissociative Identity Disorder (DID)
- Substance Use Disorder (SUD)
- Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD)
- Complex Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (CPTSD)
I bring a unique mixture of courage, empathy, knowledge, and humour to my clients. I am passionate about working with my clients to co-create a plan based on their specific needs, goals, and strengths. The therapies I use are designed to empower and focuses on overcoming the stigma and blame that can be placed on us when we suffer and struggle in our mental health. Not only that, but they have also been profoundly impactful in my own healing.
Trauma survivors often feel judged for just for struggling to survive. This is especially true when these painful experience occur in childhood. Are you your own worst critic? Consider what is sabotaging your life today may have first developed to keep you safe and sane, even if now it has lost its usefulness. Because of this I believe self-understanding, compassion and acceptance are the foundation of lasting change and healing.
I am currently accepting clients. I would love to help you heal and make sense of your hurts, losses, and traumatic experiences. I believe that healing trauma involves at least three components:
- Helping our nervous system to find it’s calm grounded state.
- Helping our brain integrate disturbing memories.
- Finding compassion for the self-sabotaging ways we adopted survive.
- Observed & Experiential Integration (Level 2)
- Sanyas Indigenous Cultural Safety Training
Client fee individuals:$150