Areas of practice
- Abuse - Emotional, Physical, Sexual
- Addictions - Including Substances
- Anxiety and/or Panic
- Divorce and/or Separation
- Eating Disorders
- Life Transitions
- Marriage and/or Relationship Issues
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Parenting Issues
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Postpartum Depression
- Self-Esteem Issues
- Trauma Counselling
- Women's Issues
- Expressive Arts Therapies
- Somatic Approaches
Counselling practice website:www.pacificwaterscounselling.com
We all face various challenges that can impact our ability to connect with others, feel safe within ourselves, and be fully present in our lives. I am passionate about helping people uncover their unique personal strengths, heal their nervous systems, connect with their intuition, increase creativity, and move toward a more fulfilling and peaceful life as their authentic selves.
I specialize in working with individuals affected by childhood trauma, abuse in relationships, anxiety and depression, and low self-worth and shame. My clients often struggle with issues such as: setting and maintaining healthy boundaries, having difficulty standing up for themselves or communicating clearly with others, fear, social anxiety, their relationship to substances, and having a clear sense of who they are, among other things.
My approach to counselling is collaborative and flexible to suit the needs of each individual client, drawing on training and wisdom from Somatic Experiencing, Expressive Arts Therapy, Mindfulness, and Attachment Theory, and current training in Attachment-Focused EMDR.
My practice is rooted in a belief that we all have an inherent capacity to heal and grow, and that you are the expert in your own life. My goal is to provide a safe and inclusive environment for you to express yourself, and explore your own unique process of growth.
Reaching out for help is a big step, and it's important to find a counsellor who is the right fit. I offer a free 15-minute introductory phone or video session for us to meet before committing to a full session. I look forward to connecting with you!
*Please note I am currently offering video sessions only through a secure online platform
- Certified Somatic Experiencing Practitioner - all levels - Somatic Experiencing International
- MA in Expressive Arts Therapy - European Graduate School, graduated 2016
- Currently completing training in Attachment-Focused EMDR- Parnell Institute
- Attachment Treatment levels 1 and 2 - Aulneau Renewal Center
Client fee individuals:$145 (plus GST) for a 50 minute session