Areas of practice
- Critical Incidents and Acute Stress
- Dissociative Disorders
- Gender Identity Issues
- LGBTQ Issues
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Self Harming Practices
- Sexual Assault
- Suicide Ideation / Survivor
- Transgender Identity and Adaptation
- Trauma Counselling
- Body Centred Psychotherapy
- Expressive Arts Therapies
- Feminist Psychotherapy
- Internal Family Systems
- Mindfulness approaches
- Narrative Therapy
- ONLINE / VIRTUAL / TELEHEALTH COUNSELLING
- Sensorimotor Psychotherapy
- Sex Therapy
- Video Counselling
Counselling practice website:http://www.clayresessoms.com
My online therapy practice provides a virtual space for LGBTQ2IA+ individuals to explore their mental health. I often help those who question their gender or who need support during life's transitions. Working with those who’ve experienced past harm, I use evidence-based interventions to lessen the impact of harm.
I warmly welcome your full Self to online therapy. I support you in developing the space within you to be curious about yourself and to move towards being able to tolerate difficult thoughts, feelings, and body sensations. By working collaboratively, we soften the edges of hurt, pain, sadness, or worry. We find new ways to be present with challenges related to ability, grief, guilt, loss, sadness, shame, stress, transition, and self-worth.
Firmly rooted in transgender theory, social justice, and neuroscience, I hold space for the impacts of ableism, abuse, homophobia, transmisogyny, transphobia, and other harms as I maintain a strong belief in the human spirit. I became grounded in this work while earning my master’s degree in Counselling Psychology and Art Therapy from Adler University. I manage cases with concurrent disorders while receiving expert clinical supervision in Narrative Therapy, Neurobiologically-informed Trauma Therapy, and Sensorimotor Psychotherapy.
I invite you to share with me what brings you to counselling. When you're ready to begin, please do reach out by email to book your first online therapy session with me.
- Sensorimotor Psychotherapy Affect Dysregulation, Survival Responses, and Trauma Memory Advanced Training in Complex Trauma and Dissociation Sensorimotor Psychotherapy for Developmental Injury Relational Nature of Shame
Client fee individuals:$150 per 50-minute session
Client fee couples/families:$200 per 50-minute session