Areas of practice
- Addictions - Including Substances
- Anxiety and/or Panic
- Borderline Personality Disorder
- Family Caregiver Stress
- First Nations Issues
- Grief and Loss - General
- Intimacy Issues
- LGBTQ Issues
- Life Transitions
- Self Harming Practices
- Sexual Assault
- Suicide Ideation / Survivor
- Trauma Counselling
- Brief Therapy
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy
- Humanistic Therapy
- Mindfulness approaches
- Motivational Interviewing
- ONLINE / VIRTUAL / TELEHEALTH COUNSELLING
- Solution Focused Therapy
- Video Counselling
Other languages spoken
Counselling practice website:dovetreecounselling.com
Clara is an RSW and an RCC. She is a therapist who provides a safe, non-judgmental, and LGBTQIA2S+ space for her clients to share and explore their stories. She is compassionate and understanding, yet she is also honest; she will gently challenge her clients when needed. She is a patient and creative teacher, helping clients walk away with tools, strategies, skills and handouts to manage better in their daily lives.
She employs a variety of therapeutic approaches, with a focus on EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing Therapy), Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Dialectical Behavioural Therapy (DBT), and Somatic Therapy. She is certified in EMDR Therapy and trained to help First Responders/Public Safety Personnel.
She has practiced as a social worker and therapist for 12 years, mostly in mental health. She has a Bachelors of Social Work from the University of British Columbia (2010) and a Masters of Social Work from the University of the Fraser Valley (2012).
- Certified in EMDR Therapy following Comprehensive Basic Training and Advanced Training.
- Dialectical Behavioural Therapy Levels 1 & 2
- Somatic Therapy training
- MSW with focus on mental health
Client fee individuals:135