Areas of practice
- Anxiety and/or Panic
- Divorce and/or Separation
- Marriage and/or Relationship Issues
- Pre-Marital Counselling
- Professional Burnout
- Trauma Counselling
- Acceptance & Commitment Therapy
- ADD and ADHD Coping Strategies
- Cognitive Behavioral Conjoint Therapy
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive Processing Therapy
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy
- Emotion Focused Therapy
- Gottman Method Couples Therapy
- Marriage & Couples Counselling
- Online / Virtual / Telehealth Counselling
- Vocational Counselling
Counselling practice website:https://www.cynthiajlamontcounselling.com/
Cynthia Lamont is available to meet clients via the online Jane System, who are from both B.C. and Alberta. For Kelowna-based, in-person sessions, you can book directly through the website. Cynthia, a Registered Clinical Counsellor (RCC), and a Canadian Certified Counsellor (CCC) believes in helping clients achieve a greater sense of happiness by improving their emotional, psychological, and social well-being. Cynthia graduated with honours from Yorkville University in New Brunswick, receiving a Master of Arts in Counselling Psychology (MACP). Cynthia completed her residency in Calgary, Alberta where she practiced as a Registered Provisional Psychologist.
As a certified trauma-informed counsellor, Cynthia will incorporate a blend of elements from different theoretical interventions according to her client’s needs, including Emotionally Focused Therapy, Dialectical Behaviour Therapy, and Cognitive Processing Therapy.
Cynthia’s approach to counselling is the belief that success is a direct result of mutual respect and collaboration between her and all clients, be they couples, families, or youth in distress. The therapeutic alliance is created by thoroughly understanding clients’ challenges, strengths, and goals for effective and personalized change.
Accepting New Clients: In-Person, On-Line, or Tele-Health.
Direct Bill Insurance: First Nations Health Authority (FNHA) and Métis Nation British Columbia (MNBC) approved professional; Pacific Blue Cross; Green Shield, Sun Life.
- - San'yas Indigenous Cultural Safety - FNHA Approved Provider
- - Families, Family Breakdown and the Law presented by BCACC
- - Cognitive Processing Therapy: Foundational Training
Client fee individuals:$150
Client fee couples/families:$160