Areas of practice
- Abuse - Emotional, Physical, Sexual
- Adolescent Issues
- Anxiety and/or Panic
- Attention Deficit Disorder - ADHD
- Autism and Developmental Disorders
- Child Behaviour
- Divorce and/or Separation
- Family Issues
- Grief and Loss - General
- Parenting Issues
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Stepfamily Adjustment
- Trauma Counselling
- ADD and ADHD Coping Strategies
- Adolescent Therapy
- Adoption Counselling
- Child Centred Therapy
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Communication Skills Training
- Family Therapy
- Mindfulness approaches
- Online / Virtual
- Play Therapy
- Telephone Counselling
- Video Counselling
Counselling practice website:grovecentre.ca
Sessions are available by phone or Zoom Pro online/video.
Grove Centre's mission as a respectful member of the community, is to support children and families within home, school and community environments in collaboration with community members by providing therapy, counselling and skills training services to children, adolescents, parents and families.
Christopher Conley, MA, RCC, RMFT, CPT-S, RPT-S
Registered Clinical Counsellor
Registered Marriage and Family Therapist
Certified and Registered Play Therapist Supervisor
AAMFT Clinical Member
Christopher Conley is a child and family therapist in clinical practice in Burnaby, British Columbia. Chris has twenty years of clinical experience with families and children ages 18 months to 18 years. He has worked in outpatient, residential and in-home settings providing individual, group, family, attachment and play therapy. Chris has competency in a number of areas including diagnostic assessment, mood and anxiety, attention deficit hyperactivity disorders, oppositional and conduct-disorder behaviour, addiction, fetal alcohol spectrum disorders, autism spectrum disorders, trauma and abuse, school issues, family issues, attachment, parenting and parent-child relationship issues.
He currently focuses on individual therapy, counselling and skills training with children and adolescents, play therapy, parenting skills training, attachment therapy and family therapy, promoting the involvement of all family members in the therapeutic process.
He is known for his intensive integrative therapeutic approach that addresses serious child and family issues and often facilitates faster child and family change and longer maintenance of change over time. This approach often integrates child therapy, attachment-based strategic parent education, family therapy, and at times filial therapy.
He holds a Master of Arts degree in Counselling and Psychological Services. He is credentialed as a Registered Clinical Counsellor with the British Columbia Association of Clinical Counsellors, as a Registered Marriage and Family Therapist with the Canadian Association for Marriage and Family Therapy, and a Certified Child Psychotherapist and Play Therapist Supervisor with the Canadian Association for Child and Play Therapy. He is also a clinical member of the American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy, and a Registered Play Therapist Supervisor with the (American) Association for Play Therapy. He was previously credentialed as a Licensed School Counsellor in Indiana, as a Certified Chemical Dependency Practitioner in Minnesota, and as a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist in Minnesota.
Chris is actively involved in the professional community. He has written articles on play therapy, filial therapy, parenting and classroom management and has conducted workshops across Canada and in Minnesota on play therapy, therapy with young children, filial therapy, parent education and classroom management. He provides therapy and consultation services to families, and training and supervision to mental health and school professionals.
- Christopher has extensive training in family therapy and is credentialed in Canada and USA as a Registered and Licensed Family Therapist (RMFT, LMFT).
- Christopher has extensive training and experience in school counselling and was credentialled in Indiana as a Licensed School Counsellor.
- Christopher has extensive training in play therapy and is credentialed in Canada and USA as a Registered and Certified Play Therapist Supervisor (RPT-S, CPT-S).
- Christopher has extensive training and experience in attachment and attachment-based therapies including Theraplay and Filial Therapy.
- Christopher has extensive training and experience in drug and alcohol addictions counselling and was credentialed in USA as a certified addictions practitioner.