Areas of practice
- Abuse - Emotional, Physical, Sexual
- Anxiety and/or Panic
- Child Stress and Trauma
- Critical Incidents and Acute Stress
- Marriage and/or Relationship Issues
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Trauma Counselling
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Critical Incident Stress Management
- Imago Relationship Therapy
- Interpersonal Psychotherapy
- Marriage & Couples Counselling
- Mindfulness approaches
- Motivational Interviewing
- Process Work
- Relational Psychotherapy
Counselling practice website:www.crystalarber.com
- Complex Trauma and PTSD
Do you wish you could leave the past in the past? Feeling numb, or feeling too much? Sometimes you overreact and don't understand why? You avoid places or people that remind you of something terrible that happened to you. You have dreams of the same recurring themes. You haven't slept well for a long time. You may be a survivor of sexual assault, operational stress injury, accident, or survivor of childhood abuse. Through the use of EMDR I can help you keep the past in the past. EMDR will increase your confidence while giving you the energy to obtain future goals as well as maintain happy relationships.
- I work with First Responders, and Veterans using EMDR to reprocess Operational Stress Injuries. Through my intensive EMDR model, I have helped eliminate PTSD symptoms.
- I also work with families and couples in the First Responder and Veteran community. I further work with families who have experienced critical incidents.
Couples and Marriage Counselling
Drawing from Relational Theory, I work with couples to identify the negative patterns that they can get stuck in. I help couples identify their strengths and challenges, as well as help to identify how intergenerational traumatic patterns are passed on to each partner in the relationship and how this can affect the marriage or relationship in a negative way. Drawing on strategies used in trauma therapy, I help couples repair injuries that have occurred within the relationship. I also help couples to feel safe and connected enough to enable repair.
Certified EMDR Therapist
Approved EMDR Consultant
Registered Social Worker MSW.
Registered Clinical Counsellor
18 years working with families, youth and adults.
- Certified EMDR Therapist Approved EMDR Consultant EMDR facilitator
Client fee individuals:60 min 150.00
Client fee couples/families:60 min 175.00