Areas of practice
- Anxiety and/or Panic
- Caregiver Support
- Chronic Illness
- Compassion Fatigue
- Divorce and/or Separation
- Family Issues
- Grief and Loss - General
- Life Transitions
- Marriage and/or Relationship Issues
- Parenting Issues
- Self-Esteem Issues
- Women's Issues
- Communication Skills Training
- Drama Therapy
- Internal Family Systems
- Interpersonal Psychotherapy
- Marriage & Couples Counselling
- Psychodynamic Therapy
- Satir Therapy
- Telephone Counselling
PLEASE NOTE: Telephone counselling available.
Protocols advised by WorkSafeBC and BCACC are formally adhered to for in-person counselling, beginning June 15 2020.
Safety...self care...solutions....You’re looking for a therapist who “fits” with your personality and needs? Read on….
In selecting to work with Brenda, a Registered Clinical Counsellor who has been a clinician both in Canada and overseas, and is BCPFFA endorsed to work with First Responders/Public Safety Personnel, you will be choosing:
- validation for who you are and what has brought you here
- a non-judgemental receptive and accepting manner
- warmth and empathy
- good-natured humour
- sensitivity and awareness of cultural, religious and ethnic differences
- a safe environment in which to do your personal work
- astute observations, shared with care
- skilled professionalism
- respect for your boundaries
- a well-rounded combination of traditional therapy and newer innovative techniques including psychodrama, a dynamic method for spontaneous insight
- support in each aspect of your journey
- sincere commitment to you, your style, your growth and your process
- tools to maintain your changes
Her comfortable, quiet office is located in Tsawwassen (municipality of Delta), and is easily accessed from the city, south and eastern suburbs -- and even Vancouver Island. PLEASE NOTE: During the self-quarantine period for COVID-19, telephone sessions are recommended. Please feel free to ask for further information.
Persons with disabilities and seniors receive a 10% discount.
As the past President of The Tekera Foundation, a CRA registered charity, 15% of Brenda's income is donated to the Tekera Resource Centre, Kanywa Parish, Buwunga Sub-county, Masaka District, Uganda. She donates to other charities throughout the year -- municipal, provincial, federal and international -- in areas of food provision, human rights, civil liberties, social justice, culture, anti-racism, mental health and medical services. She is a white, Jewish person identifying as her/she, and has no profiles on any social media. She does not text nor own a SmartPhone.
…Additional information. PLEASE NOTE: Since COVID-19, telephone sessions are available. Please contact me for more details with regard to protocols for in-person counselling.
Safety...self care...solutions.... This combo can jumpstart your change. The rapport between you and your counsellor is tremendously important in integrating these three. I call them "the trifecta" of therapy. :o) Moreover, the safety of this partnership will be core in your problem-solving.
With this in mind, I will make every effort to forge a safe working partnership with you. Your needs and achieving your objectives are the focus, with your core values at the centre. As you feel ready, we’ll explore personal care, identity, development, life changes, trauma ... uncovering the decisions and actions these may require of you.
My clients have ranged in age from 17 to 95 (yes, you read that right -- it's never too late!) I also see couples. Blending creative and traditional methods of therapy -- along with laughter! -- has seemed the most valuable mix for people in transition.
Self care, self compassion, cross-cultural assimilation, school and employment-related issues (fyi First Responders/Public Safety Personnel -- I am BCPFFA endorsed), grief, relationship in all forms, emotional understanding, and desired changes unique to your circumstances, can be addressed. Together, our purpose is to find workable solutions that will enhance your life.
Areas of expertise:
- unresolved grief
- life changes and choices
- ageing and its implications
- relationship enhancement/termination
- chronic illness/sudden disability and the constant adaptation required to maintain a full and meaningful life with these challenges
Phone or email me. Ask whatever it is that you need to know before you decide one way or the other. I'd be pleased to help.
Hope begins here....
- Role Training (R.T.), over 4000 hrs Psychodrama (over 8000 hrs) Transactional Analysis (over 1500 hrs) First Responders, Bronze and Silver levels, BCPFFA
Client fee individuals:$125 and $150
Client fee couples/families:$225