Areas of practice
- Anxiety and/or Panic
- Chronic Illness
- Compassion Fatigue
- Divorce and/or Separation
- Eldercare Issues
- Family Issues
- Grief and Loss - General
- Marriage and/or Relationship Issues
- Parenting Issues
- Professional Burnout
- Self-Esteem Issues
- Women's Issues
- Workplace Issues
- Communication Skills Training
- Drama Therapy
- Expressive Arts Therapies
- Internal Family Systems
- Interpersonal Psychotherapy
- Marriage & Couples Counselling
- Psychodynamic Therapy
- Satir Therapy
- Telephone Counselling
Safety...self care...solutions....You’re looking for a therapist who “fits” with your personality and needs? Read on…
In selecting to work with Brenda, a Registered Clinical Counsellor who has been a clinician both in Canada and overseas, and is BCPFFA Endorsed to work with First Responders, you will be choosing:
- validation for who you are and what has brought you here
- a non-judgemental receptive and accepting manner, warmth and empathy
- good-natured humour
- sensitivity and awareness of cultural, religious and ethnic differences
- astute observations shared with care
- a safe environment in which to do your personal work
- skilled professionalism
- respect for your boundaries
- a well-rounded combination of traditional therapy and newer innovative techniques including psychodrama, a dynamic method for spontaneous insight
- support in each aspect of your journey
- sincere commitment to you, your style, your growth and your process
- tools to maintain your changes
Her comfortable, quiet office is located in Tsawwassen (municipality of Delta), and is easily accessed from the city, south and eastern suburbs and even Vancouver Island.
Persons with disabilities and seniors receive a 10% discount.
As the President of The Tekera Foundation, a CRA registered charity, 15% of Brenda's income is donated to the Tekera Resource Centre, Kanywa Parish, Buwunga Sub-county, Masaka District, Uganda. She donates to other charities throughout the year -- municipal, provincial, federal and international -- in areas of food provision, human rights, civil liberties, anti-racism and medical services.
Safety...self care...solutions.... This combo can jumpstart change. The rapport between you and your counsellor is tremendously important in integrating these three -- the trifecta of therapy. :o) Moreover, the safety of this partnership will be core in your problem-solving.
With this in mind, I will make every effort to forge a safe working partnership with you. Your needs and achieving your objectives are the focus. As you feel ready, we’ll explore personal care, identity, development, life changes, trauma ... uncovering the decisions and actions these require.
My clients range in age from 17 to 95 (yes, you read that right -- it's never too late!). I also see couples. Blending creative and traditional methods of therapy -- along with laughter! -- has seemed the most valuable mix for people in transition.
Self care, cross-cultural assimilation, school and employment-related issues (fyi First Responders -- I am BCPFFA endorsed), bullying, career changes, role clarification, and co-worker conflict, as well as changes unique to your circumstances, can be addressed. Together, our purpose is to find workable solutions that will enhance your life.
Areas of expertise:
- work-related concerns
- life changes and choices
- ageing and its implications
- relationship enhancement/termination
- chronic illness/sudden disability and the constant adaptation required to maintain a full and meaningful life with these challenges
Phone or email me. Ask whatever it is that you need to know before you decide one way or the other. I'd be pleased to help. Hope begins here....
- Role Training (R.T.), over 3500 hrs Psychodrama (over 5000 hrs) Transactional Analysis (over 1000 hrs) First Responders, Bronze and Silver levels, BCPFFA
Client fee individuals:$100 and $120
Client fee couples/families:$175