Areas of practice
- Anxiety and/or Panic
- Caregiver Support
- Chronic Illness
- Divorce and/or Separation
- Family Issues
- Grief and Loss - General
- Life Transitions
- Marriage and/or Relationship Issues
- Parenting Issues
- Personal Growth
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Self-Esteem Issues
- Trauma Counselling
- Women's Issues
- Communication Skills Training
- Drama Therapy
- Expressive Arts Therapies
- Internal Family Systems
- Interpersonal Psychotherapy
- Marriage & Couples Counselling
- Psychodynamic Therapy
- Satir Therapy
- Telephone Counselling
PLEASE NOTE: Telephone counselling available, though couples counselling only conducted in person.
Safety...self compassion...solutions....So you’re looking for a therapist who “fits” with your personality and needs? Read on….
In selecting to work with Brenda, a Registered Clinical Counsellor who has been a clinician both in Canada and overseas, and is BCPFFA endorsed to work with First Responders/Public Safety Personnel, you will be choosing:
- validation for who you are and what has brought you here
- a non-judgemental receptive and accepting manner
- warmth and empathy
- good-natured humour
- sensitivity and awareness of cultural, religious and ethnic differences
- a safe environment in which to do your personal work
- astute observations, shared with care
- skilled professionalism
- respect for your boundaries
- a well-rounded combination of traditional therapy and newer innovative techniques including psychodrama, a dynamic method for spontaneous insight
- support in each aspect of your journey
- sincere commitment to you, your style, your growth and your process
- tools to maintain your changes
Giving time and energy for the well-being of others requires balance for you in your personal and work life. Learning about self-compassion will alleviate that irritability and exhaustion, bringing you closer to loved ones and restful sleep.
Brenda's comfortable, quiet office is located in Tsawwassen (municipality of Delta), and is easily accessed from the city, south and eastern suburbs -- and even Vancouver Island.
Persons with disabilities and seniors receive a 10% discount.
As the past President of The Tekera Foundation, a CRA registered charity, 15% of Brenda's income is donated to the Tekera Resource Centre, Kanywa Parish, Buwunga Sub-county, Masaka District, Uganda. She donates to other charities throughout the year -- municipal, provincial, federal and international -- in areas of food provision, human rights, civil liberties, social justice, culture, anti-racism, mental health and medical services. She is a white, Jewish person identifying as her/she, and has no profiles on any social media. She does not text nor own a SmartPhone. :o)
…Additional information. Please Note: In consideration of any COVID-19 concerns or client preference, both in-person and telephone sessions are available. Couples counselling, however, must be in person.
Safety...self compassion...solutions.... These can absolutely jumpstart your change. The rapport between you and your counsellor is tremendously important in consolidating these three. I call them "the trifecta" of therapy. :o) Moreover, the safety of this therapeutic partnership will be central to you in problem-solving.
With this in mind, I will make every effort to forge a safe working partnership with you. Your needs and achieving your objectives are the focus, with your core values as our foundation. As you feel ready, we’ll explore personal care, self compassion, identity, intimacy in its varying forms, life changes, trauma ... uncovering the decisions and actions these may require of you. Resilience is in all of us when we learn about our unresolved trauma and ourselves, in an environment of patient, informed support.
My clients have ranged in age from 17 to 95 (yes, you read that right -- it's truly never too late). I also see couples. Blending specific creative and traditional methods of therapy -- along with laughter -- has seemed the most valuable mix for people acquiring new skills.
Self care, self compassion (yes, :o) they're different), resilience, school and employment-related issues (fyi I am BCPFFA endorsed to work with Public Safety Personnel and First Responders), grief, moral stress and injury, emotional insight, issues of intimacy, relationships (of every sort, their enhancement and evaluation), cross-cultural empathy, and those changes you want that are unique to your circumstances, can be addressed. Together, our purpose is to find workable solutions that will enhance your particular life, building emotional and intellectual resources for you to lead a life of self connection and psychological safety.
Some areas of concern for you might be:
- depression or anxiety
- unresolved grief
- intrusive thoughts
- moral frustration, distress, or moral injury
- unprovoked irritability
- life changes and choices
- aging and its implications
- relationship enhancement/termination
- chronic illness/sudden disability and the constant adaptation required to maintain a full and meaningful life with these challenges
Phone or email me. Ask whatever it is that you need to know before you decide one way or the other. I'd be pleased to help.
Hope begins here....
- Role Training (R.T.), over 10000 hrs Psychodrama (over 20000 hrs) Transactional Analysis (over 6000 hrs) First Responders, Bronze and Silver levels, BCPFFA
Client fee individuals:$125 and $150 for in-person counselling; $12.50 for every 5 minutes or part thereof for telephone counselling.
Client fee couples/families:$225 (1 hour and 50 minutes/session)