Areas of practice
- Anxiety and/or Panic
- Grief and Loss - General
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Stress Management
- Suicide Ideation / Survivor
- Trauma Counselling
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Communication Skills Training
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy
- Emotionally Focused Therapy - Individuals
- Mindfulness approaches
- ONLINE / VIRTUAL / TELEHEALTH COUNSELLING
- Sensorimotor Psychotherapy
Practicing in Vancouver for over 15 years in public health and private practice settings, I am trained in a number of leading therapeutic modalities such as Sensorimotor Psychotherapy, Mindfulness Based Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, and Dialectical Behavioral Therapy. My approach is based in attachment, mindfulness, and the brain / body connection.
Flexible in my work, clients feel safe and understood as we work together toward their goals. Supportive conversations explore issues such as anxiety and depression, challenges with relationships and life transitions, as well as trauma and loss.
Together we gain insight into patterns; discover new ways of thinking, feeling, and relating; and practice effective coping strategies for lasting change.
In addition to my private practice, I am employed by Vancouver Coastal Health where I support a diverse population of clients addressing substance use / addiction, suicide risk and bereavement, and issues related to mental health / psychiatry. I am always learning in order to better support my clients.
Please feel free to contact me if you would like more information.
- Sensorimotor Psychotherapy: Level I - Affect Dysregulation, Survival Defenses, and Traumatic Memory. Sensorimotor Psychotherapy: Level II - Emotional Processing, Meaning Making, and Attachment Repair.
- Simon Fraser University: Master of Education in Counselling Psychology
Client fee individuals:140 + GST