Areas of practice
- Anger Management Issues
- Anxiety and/or Panic
- Cancer Care and Support
- Career Issues
- Chronic Illness
- Cross Cultural Issues
- Divorce and/or Separation
- Family Issues
- Geriatric Issues and Counselling
- Grief and Loss - General
- Intimacy Issues
- LGBTQ Issues
- Life Balance
- Life Transitions
- Marriage and/or Relationship Issues
- Parenting Issues
- Performance Enhancement
- Personal Growth
- Pre-Marital Counselling
- Racism Issues
- Self-Esteem Issues
- Sports Performance
- Stress Management
- Suicide Ideation / Survivor
- Trauma Counselling
- Adlerian Therapy
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Communication Skills Training
- Feminist Psychotherapy
- Gestalt Therapy
- Gottman Method Couples Therapy
- Humanistic Therapy
- Marriage & Couples Counselling
- Mindfulness approaches
- Narrative Therapy
- Solution Focused Therapy
Other languages spoken
Counselling practice website:https://www.clearcounselling.ca/
Alita is an Adlerian Psychotherapist providing Individual and Couples Counselling. She is a Registered Clinical Counsellor, Canadian Certified Counsellor, and Adler University Alumni.
After working as a medical doctor for over 15 years in different specialties and different countries, Alita made a career change to counselling as this is where she feels she can best apply herself to make a difference in the lives of others. Coming from South Africa, she understands the challenges of immigration, career change, parenting and relationships.
In addition, Alita has a diverse clientele from different cultures, abilities, ages, sexual orientations, and gender identities. It is her belief that integral resilience for each person is a contribution to society as it is for oneself and relationships. Alita believes that growth and transformation are always possible. She strives to provide a safe and compassionate interpersonal space where clients can explore challenges and create the life that they want.
From a positive Adlerian Psychology approach, she focuses on thoughts, feelings, and behaviours, and works with clients to develop a plan to remove obstacles, find pathways that are forward moving, and help clients obtain their goals that are self-respecting and cooperative to their own identity.
With patience and guidance, her approach is to assist clients to
- find their strengths
- explore the root causes of their concerns
- navigate through tough times
- find a new way of expressing themselves fully
- develop their sense of empowerment and clarity
- increase their sense of competence and capability in finding creative solutions, and
- develop better interpersonal relationships.
She helps support clients facing
- unexpected challenges
- difficult life transitions
- changes in direction
- lack of self-esteem
- loss of identity
- relationship difficulties and
- a variety of other issues that life presents.
Relationship counselling includes Pre-Commitment Counselling, Relationship Counselling, and Amicable Separation.
- Pre-Commitment Counselling is focused to help couples build a skill set to help ensure satisfying long-term relationships based on shared meaning.
- Couples counselling is to help couples struggling with difficult issues in their relationship such as communication problems, conflict, lack of emotional or sexual intimacy, drifting apart, infidelity, and loss of trust.
- Amicable Separation is one without regret, with the aim of rebuilding individual identities, addressing co-parenting successfully, while helping each partner to maintain their sense of dignity and respect.
Alita continues to grow and develop her counselling skills by attending professional development workshops and conferences. She is in the process of becoming a Certified Adlerian Counsellor with the North American Society for Adlerian Psychology.
Alita's mission is to help clients achieve wellness, harmony, and balance.
Client fee individuals:$160
Client fee couples/families:$180