Spirituality counselling does not necessarily refer to religious practice, although it could include that as well. In this context, spirituality refers more to reaching a new level of consciousness, or finding inner contentment and harmony and the removal of blockages that prevent self realization and the ability to reach one's full potential.
People of different races, cultures and communities have differing ideas or interpretations of spirituality and counselling can help a person to find a practical application that can work in a therapeutic context. Spiritual counselling can help an individual to gain a deeper understanding and a greater awareness of the self. When a person reaches a greater purpose in life and an enhanced self-esteem, he or she will develop a sense of well-being.
Spirituality counselling is important for people who feel depressed, desperate, hurt, despair and discontentment. The spirituality counsellor will help the person to recover their peace of mind, happiness and stability. During the therapeutic relationship, the client and the therapist reach a level of spirituality which can help resolve the issues the person is experiencing. The person can then explore the 'self' in a spiritual context, which can help with growth and healing.
Psycho-spiritual therapy addresses the soul, rather than the mind in order to create balance. The world is complex, and a mystery which combines a range of factors, including spiritual theology, energy systems, spiritual presence and metaphysical experiences and we all build our own innately personal viewpoints. Spirituality counselling can help a person to find their own personal truth within their history, experience and belief system.
If you are looking for a counsellor or psychologist who offers spirituality counselling to address your emotional and spiritual issues you may want to search the directory to find a professional whose approach will suit you best.
Note: You may narrow your search by selecting more than one filter below.
- (-) Remove Spirituality filterSpirituality
- Abuse - Emotional, Physical, Sexual (1)Apply Abuse - Emotional, Physical, Sexual filter
- Anxiety and/or Panic (1)Apply Anxiety and/or Panic filter
- Depression (1)Apply Depression filter
- LGBTQ Issues (1)Apply LGBTQ Issues filter
- Marriage and/or Relationship Issues (1)Apply Marriage and/or Relationship Issues filter
- Trauma Counselling (1)Apply Trauma Counselling filter
- Acceptance & Commitment Therapy (1)Apply Acceptance & Commitment Therapy filter
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) (1)Apply Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) filter
- EMDR (1)Apply EMDR filter
- Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy (EFT) (1)Apply Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy (EFT) filter
- Emotionally Focused Therapy - Individuals (1)Apply Emotionally Focused Therapy - Individuals filter
- Family Systems (1)Apply Family Systems filter
- Feminist Psychotherapy (1)Apply Feminist Psychotherapy filter
- Internal Family Systems (1)Apply Internal Family Systems filter
- Psychodynamic Therapy (1)Apply Psychodynamic Therapy filter