Areas of practice
- Abuse - Emotional, Physical, Sexual
- Anxiety and/or Panic
- LGBTQ Issues
- Marriage and/or Relationship Issues
- Trauma Counselling
- Acceptance & Commitment Therapy
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy (EFT)
- Emotionally Focused Therapy - Individuals
- Family Systems
- Feminist Psychotherapy
- Internal Family Systems
- Psychodynamic Therapy
Counselling practice website:www.hartsencounselling.com
Life is difficult. We all struggle at times and need help to find our way. This is a safe place to sit with our doubts and insecurities...no judgement... on the way to healing and developing into the person you most want to be. You can live the life you want.
If you're feeling curious ... what is therapy like? Do I have to be facing a crisis? If I've had therapy before, could there be more to it? Could there be unconscious programming that keeps me repeating familiar patterns? You're right - there are programed ways of seeing and feeling that can be discovered through our emotions and physical sensations. Let's explore ...
If you're feeling frustrated ... if your relationship isn't what it could be (or used to be). What happened to our love and how did we get here? Even though we we are good and caring people and we try so hard, we can't seem to connect anymore ... It is possible to untangle the web between you to create a secure bond. Let's figure this out ...
If you've been traumatized in relationships or in specific circumstances ... you may find that even innocent reminders bring back overwhelming feelings. You may naturally want to avoid anything that reminds you or shut down feelings that may feel threatening. This is not territory to tackle alone ... We can go slowly together to understand what you endured. Many have been surprised at what strengths they uncover along the way and how the nervous system can heal. We can start when you're ready ...
If you're feeling hopeless ... do you find that you have mood swings that feel too strong to handle or crave a substance or activity that gives temporary relief? You're hurting and it's hard to know where to turn? ... Then you've come to the right place!
You can expect:
- Insight & Inspiration for taking your emotional well-being into your own hands, communicating constructively and resolving conflicts peacefully.
- Evidenced-Based Methods to clear your head and open your heart, so you can develop a stronger sense of who you are and learn to respond instead of react.
- Structure and Support to help you show up in life and love as the healthiest version of you, in order to find lasting change and fulfillment.
I use methods such as EMDR to overcome trauma and PTSD. I am Certified in EFT (Emotionally Focused Therapy) that applies attachment theory and the science of emotion to unravel stuck places in relationships. I add Mindfulness, Psychodynamic Psychotherapy and Experiential Therapy to use what happens in the present moment as a doorway to new psychological and emotional resources.
Although therapy in person is my preference, life is complex, so I also provide sessions over a secure internet platform.
- Certified in Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT). Certified Supervisor in EFT. I provide EFT supervision to therapists working towards Certification in EFT.
Client fee individuals:$200/hour
Client fee couples/families:$200/hour