Addictions - Sexual Counsellors
Addictions - Sexual
Sexual addiction relates to any sex-related compulsive behaviors that are performed regardless of the consequences to the individual, his or her family, friends or work environment. Sex becomes a priority, ahead of everything else, and at all costs. It also refers to a dependency or compulsion relating to sexual acts and it can dominate the individual's life.
People with sexual addiction will spend a lot of time thinking about sex, masturbating compulsively, having multiple affairs, using pornography consistently, and performing unsafe sex. It can also take on a darker side when it involves rape or molestation, incest, sexual harassment, voyeurism, and using prostitutes.
Therapists can assist with sexual addiction by examining the person's behavior and sexual history. Many people with sexual addictions may have experienced abuse as children or adolescents and a therapist will explore those issues to help the person identify his or her thought patterns and danger zones.
Support groups have been shown to be effective in dealing with sexual addiction, though establishing a support network and accountability circle.
If you are looking for a counsellor or psychologist to address your sexual addiction you may want to search through the list of names below to find a therapist who will be right for you.
Note: You may narrow your search by selecting more than one filter below.
- (-) Remove Addictions - Sexual filterAddictions - Sexual
- Addictions - Including Substances (1)Apply Addictions - Including Substances filter
- Divorce and/or Separation (1)Apply Divorce and/or Separation filter
- Gender Identity Issues (1)Apply Gender Identity Issues filter
- Infidelity (1)Apply Infidelity filter
- Intimacy Issues (2)Apply Intimacy Issues filter
- LGBTQ Issues (1)Apply LGBTQ Issues filter
- Marriage and/or Relationship Issues (1)Apply Marriage and/or Relationship Issues filter
- Men's Issues (1)Apply Men's Issues filter
- Professional Burnout (1)Apply Professional Burnout filter
- Sexuality (2)Apply Sexuality filter
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) (2)Apply Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) filter
- Divorce Mediation (1)Apply Divorce Mediation filter
- EMDR (1)Apply EMDR filter
- Family Therapy (1)Apply Family Therapy filter
- Group Therapy (1)Apply Group Therapy filter
- Interpersonal Psychotherapy (1)Apply Interpersonal Psychotherapy filter
- Marriage & Couples Counselling (2)Apply Marriage & Couples Counselling filter
- Mediation (1)Apply Mediation filter
- Mindfulness approaches (2)Apply Mindfulness approaches filter
- Motivational Interviewing (1)Apply Motivational Interviewing filter
- Narrative Therapy (1)Apply Narrative Therapy filter
- ONLINE / VIRTUAL / TELEHEALTH COUNSELLING (1)Apply ONLINE / VIRTUAL / TELEHEALTH COUNSELLING filter
- Sex Therapy (2)Apply Sex Therapy filter
- Solution Focused Therapy (1)Apply Solution Focused Therapy filter
- Telephone Counselling (1)Apply Telephone Counselling filter
- Video Counselling (1)Apply Video Counselling filter