Adolescent Issues Self Regulation Therapy (SRT)
Adolescent counselling aims to prevent and treat the many issues faced by adolescents. Parents face the responsibility of raising young adults who will shape the future in this world with more temptations, distractions and issues than ever before. Children inadvertently tend to take the blame for situations onto themselves and this can lead to a lot of stress and pressure for them.
Adolescent counselling typically works with adolescents between the ages of 12-18 years in a non-judgmental, safe and caring environment. Here, therapists can help young people to explore any issues they are facing in their relationships with friends, school, and family.
Most adolescents need guidance at one point or another in their lives and adolescent counselling is the perfect medium, especially when your child's behavior has changed. A teenager who has suddenly become withdrawn, stressed, depressed or moody could use someone to talk to. Sometimes teenagers turn to drugs, food, self-harm, bullying, or sex as an outlet for their stress.
If you are concerned that your child seems to be concerned about issues at school, cyber bullying, sexual experimentation, or if he or she has been getting into trouble at school, or if you think he or she might be taking drugs, counselling may be beneficial.
Therapists engage a range of methods to deal with the issues teenagers face. From art and music therapy to cognitive behavioural therapy, there is a type of adolescent counselling that will likely be of benefit.
If you are looking for a counsellor or psychologist with specialized training in adolescent counselling you may want to search the directory to find a professional whose approach will suit you best.
Self Regulation Therapy (SRT)
Self Regulation Therapy (SRT) offers a mind-body approach to reducing excess nervous activation. With roots in neurobiology, SRT reflects the human's built-in automatic response to threat or novelty.
The nervous system changes as the result of negative events, but Self Regulation Therapy (SRT) helps the nervous system to integrate these events and balance the nervous system.
Self Regulation Therapy (SRT) takes place in a contained environment where the client feels safe. It helps to develop new neural pathways to help the client to develop flexibility and to better handle daily stresses and challenges.
Self Regulation Therapy (SRT) can help the symptoms of dysregulation, including mood disorders, personality disorders, PTSD, stress and anxiety disorders, and physical issues such as chronic pain, asthma, migraines and insomnia.
If you are looking for a therapist who offers Self Regulation Therapy (SRT), please browse our list of practitioners below..
Note: You may narrow your search by selecting more than one filter below.
- (-) Remove Adolescent Issues filterAdolescent Issues
- Adoption Issues (1)Apply Adoption Issues filter
- Anxiety and/or Panic (3)Apply Anxiety and/or Panic filter
- Attention Deficit Disorder - ADHD (2)Apply Attention Deficit Disorder - ADHD filter
- Autism and Developmental Disorders (2)Apply Autism and Developmental Disorders filter
- Bullying - School (1)Apply Bullying - School filter
- Child Behaviour (2)Apply Child Behaviour filter
- Child Development (1)Apply Child Development filter
- Child Stress and Trauma (2)Apply Child Stress and Trauma filter
- Depression (1)Apply Depression filter
- Family Issues (3)Apply Family Issues filter
- Grief and Loss - General (1)Apply Grief and Loss - General filter
- Learning Disabilities (1)Apply Learning Disabilities filter
- Life Transitions (1)Apply Life Transitions filter
- Men's Issues (1)Apply Men's Issues filter
- Neurodiversity (2)Apply Neurodiversity filter
- Parent/Teen Conflict (1)Apply Parent/Teen Conflict filter
- Parenting Issues (2)Apply Parenting Issues filter
- Personal Growth (2)Apply Personal Growth filter
- Procrastination (1)Apply Procrastination filter
- School/Work Adjustment (1)Apply School/Work Adjustment filter
- Self-Esteem Issues (3)Apply Self-Esteem Issues filter
- Sleep Difficulties-Children (1)Apply Sleep Difficulties-Children filter
- Sports Performance (1)Apply Sports Performance filter
- Stepfamily Adjustment (1)Apply Stepfamily Adjustment filter
- Stress Management (2)Apply Stress Management filter
- Trauma Counselling (1)Apply Trauma Counselling filter
- Women's Issues (1)Apply Women's Issues filter
- (-) Remove Self Regulation Therapy (SRT) filterSelf Regulation Therapy (SRT)
- Acceptance & Commitment Therapy (1)Apply Acceptance & Commitment Therapy filter
- ADD and ADHD Coping Strategies (2)Apply ADD and ADHD Coping Strategies filter
- Adlerian Therapy (1)Apply Adlerian Therapy filter
- Adolescent Therapy (3)Apply Adolescent Therapy filter
- Body Centred Therapy (1)Apply Body Centred Therapy filter
- Child Centred Therapy (2)Apply Child Centred Therapy filter
- Coaching (1)Apply Coaching filter
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) (1)Apply Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) filter
- Communication Skills Training (1)Apply Communication Skills Training filter
- Developmental (1)Apply Developmental filter
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (1)Apply Dialectical Behaviour Therapy filter
- EMDR (1)Apply EMDR filter
- Expressive Arts Therapies (1)Apply Expressive Arts Therapies filter
- Family Systems (1)Apply Family Systems filter
- Family Therapy (1)Apply Family Therapy filter
- Gottman Method Couples Therapy (1)Apply Gottman Method Couples Therapy filter
- Humanistic Therapy (2)Apply Humanistic Therapy filter
- Mindfulness approaches (2)Apply Mindfulness approaches filter
- Motivational Interviewing (1)Apply Motivational Interviewing filter
- ONLINE / VIRTUAL / TELEHEALTH COUNSELLING (3)Apply ONLINE / VIRTUAL / TELEHEALTH COUNSELLING filter
- Play Therapy (2)Apply Play Therapy filter
- Solution Focused Therapy (2)Apply Solution Focused Therapy filter