Psychodynamic Therapy can help clients to become aware of feelings of vulnerability that have been repressed from their conscious awareness. This approach is based on the theory that every person has an unconscious which stores vulnerable and painful emotions that are too deep to handle on a conscious level.
Psychodynamic Therapy addresses the defense mechanisms that have been developed. Defense mechanisms can sometimes do more harm than good. By resolving vulnerabilities such as repression and denial, painful emotions and memories can be processed in order for the defense mechanisms to be resolved, or reduced.
Therapists use a range of core principles in Psychodynamic Therapy, based on the client's needs. It will help the client to gain perspective while recognizing behaviours, actions, responses and character traits that can be transformed.
If you are looking for a therapist who offers Psychodynamic Therapy, please browse our list of practitioners below..
Note: You may narrow your search by selecting more than one filter below.
- (-) Remove Psychodynamic Therapy filterPsychodynamic Therapy
- Adolescent Therapy (1)Apply Adolescent Therapy filter
- Child Centred Therapy (1)Apply Child Centred Therapy filter
- Communication Skills Training (1)Apply Communication Skills Training filter
- Family Therapy (1)Apply Family Therapy filter
- Marriage & Couples Counselling (1)Apply Marriage & Couples Counselling filter
- Psychoanalytic Therapy (1)Apply Psychoanalytic Therapy filter
- Relational Psychotherapy (1)Apply Relational Psychotherapy filter
- Transpersonal (1)Apply Transpersonal filter