Sexual Assault ONLINE / VIRTUAL / TELEHEALTH COUNSELLING
Sexual assault or abuse in childhood often causes psychological and emotional difficulties as the victim grows up. A child who is abused by a parent, is likely to suffer from severe anxiety, low self-esteem, uncontrollable anger, depression and intimacy issues. However, sexual assault is not limited to children, and it can harm an adult emotionally too.
Immediately after sexual assault, a person may not immediately experience pain or fear. They may even experience moments of pleasure, which can cause a lot of confusion and inner turmoil. They may feel betrayed if the abuser is a relative or acquaintance, but at the same time, feel guilty for reporting the sexual assault and getting the abuser in trouble. Abusers often lie to their victims, or reward them, and threats can deepen the emotional trauma.
A victim of sexual assault will often have trouble coping with relationships that are growing close, or with people physically touching them. When starting a relationship, memories will start to occur and they will cause trouble with intimacy in the relationship. Some people who have experienced sexual assault will become promiscuous, which can cause even more guilt.
It is essential for sexual assault survivors to receive counselling from a professional psychologist who is experienced in sexual assault. A therapist will help the victim to work through emotions and help clarify his or her choices. Working through the emotions of anger, guilt and shame will help to facilitate emotional healing. EMDR has been proven a very effective treatment for post traumatic stress disorder in sexual assault victims.
If you are looking for a counsellor or psychologist who offers sexual assault counselling to address your emotional healing issues you may want to search the directory to find a professional whose approach will suit you best.
ONLINE / VIRTUAL / TELEHEALTH COUNSELLING
Online Counselling or Online Internet Psychotherapy uses common technology to create major shifts in clients' emotional health. It is suitable to clients who wish to enjoy therapy from the comfort of their own homes, and therapists have noticed an increase in patients seeking help using this medium.
In order to attend online counselling sessions, clients and the therapist need access to fast internet connections and webcams. Online counselling is particularly useful for clients who can't leave home, or live far away from a therapist.
While online counselling is effective for helping with anxiety and other emotional conditions, it does not replace medical assistance in emergencies.
If you are looking for a therapist who offers Online Counselling, please browse our list of practitioners below..
Note: You may narrow your search by selecting more than one filter below.
- (-) Remove Sexual Assault filterSexual Assault
- Abuse - Emotional, Physical, Sexual (1)Apply Abuse - Emotional, Physical, Sexual filter
- Addiction - Internet (1)Apply Addiction - Internet filter
- Addictions - Including Substances (1)Apply Addictions - Including Substances filter
- Addictions - Pornography (1)Apply Addictions - Pornography filter
- Addictions - Sexual (1)Apply Addictions - Sexual filter
- Anger Management Issues (1)Apply Anger Management Issues filter
- Anxiety and/or Panic (1)Apply Anxiety and/or Panic filter
- Critical Incidents and Acute Stress (1)Apply Critical Incidents and Acute Stress filter
- Family Violence (1)Apply Family Violence filter
- Gender Identity Issues (1)Apply Gender Identity Issues filter
- Grief and Loss - General (1)Apply Grief and Loss - General filter
- Infidelity (1)Apply Infidelity filter
- Intimacy Issues (1)Apply Intimacy Issues filter
- Life Transitions (1)Apply Life Transitions filter
- Marriage and/or Relationship Issues (1)Apply Marriage and/or Relationship Issues filter
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (1)Apply Post Traumatic Stress Disorder filter
- Sexuality (1)Apply Sexuality filter
- Trauma Counselling (2)Apply Trauma Counselling filter
- (-) Remove ONLINE / VIRTUAL / TELEHEALTH COUNSELLING filterONLINE / VIRTUAL / TELEHEALTH COUNSELLING
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) (1)Apply Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) filter
- Communication Skills Training (1)Apply Communication Skills Training filter
- EMDR (2)Apply EMDR filter
- Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy (EFT) (1)Apply Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy (EFT) filter
- Emotionally Focused Therapy - Individuals (1)Apply Emotionally Focused Therapy - Individuals filter
- Gottman Method Couples Therapy (1)Apply Gottman Method Couples Therapy filter
- Humanistic Therapy (1)Apply Humanistic Therapy filter
- Marriage & Couples Counselling (1)Apply Marriage & Couples Counselling filter
- Mindfulness approaches (1)Apply Mindfulness approaches filter
- Relational Psychotherapy (1)Apply Relational Psychotherapy filter
- Self Regulation Therapy (SRT) (1)Apply Self Regulation Therapy (SRT) filter
- Sex Therapy (1)Apply Sex Therapy filter
- Telephone Counselling (1)Apply Telephone Counselling filter