Child Stress and Trauma Energy Psychotherapy
Child Stress and Trauma
Children today are exposed to much more trauma than we were twenty or thirty years ago, and that's why child trauma counselling is such an important tool to help them cope. Once off events, such as sexual abuse, domestic violence, bullying, life-threatening illnesses, natural disasters, or war can leave a child scarred for life.
Long-term exposure to poverty, verbal abuse or milder types of abuse are traumatic too, in fact that can be as devastating to a child as a single catastrophic event.
As with adults, every child has a different way of dealing with similar circumstances or events. Not every person who experiences the same event will become traumatized, but exposure to trauma can result in a variety of symptoms including nightmares, bedwetting, anxiety, depression, disdain for authority, poor grades, moodswings, substance abuse, and self-harm.
Both cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) and a range of other therapies can be helpful in treating children who have been exposed to short term trauma. Therapists will usually work with the child on a one-on-one basis to help the child restructure negative thought patterns and self esteem (in the case of abuse, etc.) before calling in the family for family counselling. Family counselling is a great way for the family to find common ground, build problem-solving skills and to help the parents to re-establish themselves as the authority figures in the home.
If you are looking for a counsellor or psychologist with specialized traing in trauma counselling for children you may want to search the directory to find a professional whose approach will suit you best.
Energy Psychotherapy taps into the energy centres and pathways which form the invisible foundation and infrastructure of the body. These pathways are used to facilitate the complex interplay of the cells, thoughts and moods. By shifting the energies, a person can change their health and emotions for the better too.
Energy Psychotherapy uses and builds on conventional therapeutic models, such as qi gong, yoga and acupressure to initiate inner change. A therapist teaches the client to stimulate energy points on the skin surface in combination with psychological processes. Tapping the energy points can help to shift electrochemistry in the brain to overcome negative behaviours, habits and emotions.
Areas such as peak performance in sports, physical health, vocational guidance, education and psychotherapy can benefit from Energy Psychotherapy.
If you are looking for a therapist who offers Energy Psychotherapy, please browse our list of practitioners below..
Note: You may narrow your search by selecting more than one filter below.
- (-) Remove Child Stress and Trauma filterChild Stress and Trauma
- Abuse - Emotional, Physical, Sexual (1)Apply Abuse - Emotional, Physical, Sexual filter
- Adolescent Issues (1)Apply Adolescent Issues filter
- Anxiety and/or Panic (1)Apply Anxiety and/or Panic filter
- Death and Dying (1)Apply Death and Dying filter
- Depression (1)Apply Depression filter
- Parenting Issues (1)Apply Parenting Issues filter
- Perfectionism (1)Apply Perfectionism filter
- Personal Growth (1)Apply Personal Growth filter
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (1)Apply Post Traumatic Stress Disorder filter
- Self-Esteem Issues (1)Apply Self-Esteem Issues filter
- Spirituality (1)Apply Spirituality filter
- (-) Remove Energy Psychotherapy filterEnergy Psychotherapy
- Developmental (1)Apply Developmental filter
- Hypnotherapy (1)Apply Hypnotherapy filter
- Mindfulness approaches (1)Apply Mindfulness approaches filter
- ONLINE / VIRTUAL / TELEHEALTH COUNSELLING (1)Apply ONLINE / VIRTUAL / TELEHEALTH COUNSELLING filter
- Play Therapy (1)Apply Play Therapy filter
- Psychodynamic Therapy (1)Apply Psychodynamic Therapy filter
- Telephone Counselling (1)Apply Telephone Counselling filter
- Transpersonal (1)Apply Transpersonal filter
- Video Counselling (1)Apply Video Counselling filter
- Visualization (1)Apply Visualization filter