Cross Cultural Therapy
Cross Cultural Therapy, Interpersonal Psychotherapy
Cross cultural therapy is the process of studying mental processes and human behaviour in diverse cultural circumstances. People from different cultures don't only have different languages, but also behaviours and cross cultural therapy was developed for that reason.
Cross cultural therapy is ideal for people who find themselves surrounded by people of a different culture, who have different beliefs and don't express themselves in the same way. When faced with emotional issues, an immigrant may find it hard to be understood by native practitioners. However, more and more therapists are answering this need by offering cross-cultural therapy to their services.
Every individual is important and you deserve the help you need. Don't hesitate to seek help if you feel lonely, sad, or depressed.
If you are looking for a therapist who offers cross-cultural therapy, please browse our list of practitioners below..
Interpersonal Psychotherapy (IPT) deals with depressive symptoms and issues. This short term treatment of up to 20 weeks deals with the client's main symptoms during the initial sessions. During this stage the therapist helps the client to regain a semblance of functionality, which will facilitate healing. IPT allows for variations that can be incorporated into treatment of a range of other co-existing issues.
Depression usually impacts heavily on interpersonal relationships, and Interpersonal Psychotherapy measures the dynamics of these issues during the initial stages. Strengthened relationships can lend significant support during the process of recovery from depression.
If you are looking for a therapist who offers Interpersonal Psychotherapy, please browse our list of practitioners below..
Note: You may narrow your search by selecting more than one filter below.
- Adolescent Issues (1)Apply Adolescent Issues filter
- Anger Management Issues (1)Apply Anger Management Issues filter
- Anxiety and/or Panic (2)Apply Anxiety and/or Panic filter
- COVID-19 Stress, Anxiety and Depression (1)Apply COVID-19 Stress, Anxiety and Depression filter
- Cross Cultural Issues (1)Apply Cross Cultural Issues filter
- Depression (2)Apply Depression filter
- Life Transitions (1)Apply Life Transitions filter
- Marriage and/or Relationship Issues (1)Apply Marriage and/or Relationship Issues filter
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (1)Apply Obsessive Compulsive Disorder filter
- Parent/Teen Conflict (2)Apply Parent/Teen Conflict filter
- Parenting Issues (1)Apply Parenting Issues filter
- Phobias (1)Apply Phobias filter
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (1)Apply Post Traumatic Stress Disorder filter
- Self Harming Practices (1)Apply Self Harming Practices filter
- Self-Esteem Issues (1)Apply Self-Esteem Issues filter
- Stress Management (1)Apply Stress Management filter
- Suicide Ideation / Survivor (1)Apply Suicide Ideation / Survivor filter
- Trauma Counselling (1)Apply Trauma Counselling filter
- (-) Remove Cross Cultural Therapy filterCross Cultural Therapy
- (-) Remove Interpersonal Psychotherapy filterInterpersonal Psychotherapy
- Acceptance & Commitment Therapy (1)Apply Acceptance & Commitment Therapy filter
- Adolescent Therapy (2)Apply Adolescent Therapy filter
- Brief Therapy (1)Apply Brief Therapy filter
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) (2)Apply Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) filter
- Critical Incident Stress Management (1)Apply Critical Incident Stress Management filter
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (1)Apply Dialectical Behaviour Therapy filter
- Emotion Focused Therapy (2)Apply Emotion Focused Therapy filter
- Family Therapy (1)Apply Family Therapy filter
- Gottman Method Couples Therapy (1)Apply Gottman Method Couples Therapy filter
- Meditation (1)Apply Meditation filter
- Mindfulness approaches (1)Apply Mindfulness approaches filter
- ONLINE / VIRTUAL / TELEHEALTH COUNSELLING (1)Apply ONLINE / VIRTUAL / TELEHEALTH COUNSELLING filter
- Spiritual Counselling (1)Apply Spiritual Counselling filter
- Telephone Counselling (1)Apply Telephone Counselling filter
- Video Counselling (1)Apply Video Counselling filter