Adlerian Therapy is based on Alfred Adler’s theories and practice, also known as Individual Psychology. Encouragement is the root of Adlerian psychotherapy. It aims to help the client to become aware of his or her life plan and potential. Once the client is aware of this life plan, the therapist can offer a different perspective which can be adapted to a range of settings.
Adler saw a person's personality as a whole, instead of a result of different components. He also believed that people wanted to belong, and to feel that they are making a contribution to society. His therapies helped clients to develop the courage to accept imperfection in themselves.
Adlerian Therapy is a valuable tool, particularly for those people who work in professions that strive to educate and develop children, especially since Adler was very focussed on therapeutic education in his lifetime.
If you are looking for a therapist who offers Adlerian Therapy, have a look at the counsellors listed below.
Note: You may narrow your search by selecting more than one filter below.
- Anxiety and/or Panic (1)Apply Anxiety and/or Panic filter
- Brain Health (1)Apply Brain Health filter
- Chronic Illness (1)Apply Chronic Illness filter
- Covid-19 Life Balance (1)Apply Covid-19 Life Balance filter
- COVID-19 Stress, Anxiety and Depression (1)Apply COVID-19 Stress, Anxiety and Depression filter
- Creativity (1)Apply Creativity filter
- Depression (1)Apply Depression filter
- First Nations Issues (1)Apply First Nations Issues filter
- Grief and Loss - General (1)Apply Grief and Loss - General filter
- Performance Enhancement (1)Apply Performance Enhancement filter
- Sleep Difficulties-Adults (1)Apply Sleep Difficulties-Adults filter
- Stress Management (1)Apply Stress Management filter
- Trauma Counselling (1)Apply Trauma Counselling filter
- Women's Issues (1)Apply Women's Issues filter
- (-) Remove Adlerian Therapy filterAdlerian Therapy
- Body Centred Psychotherapy (1)Apply Body Centred Psychotherapy filter
- Body Centred Therapy (1)Apply Body Centred Therapy filter
- EMDR (1)Apply EMDR filter
- Expressive Arts Therapies (1)Apply Expressive Arts Therapies filter
- Gestalt Therapy (1)Apply Gestalt Therapy filter
- Humanistic Therapy (1)Apply Humanistic Therapy filter
- Integrative Psychotherapy (1)Apply Integrative Psychotherapy filter
- Mindfulness approaches (1)Apply Mindfulness approaches filter
- Neurofeedback (1)Apply Neurofeedback filter
- ONLINE / VIRTUAL / TELEHEALTH COUNSELLING (1)Apply ONLINE / VIRTUAL / TELEHEALTH COUNSELLING filter
- Video Counselling (1)Apply Video Counselling filter