Areas of practice
- Anxiety and/or Panic
- Borderline Personality Disorder
- Personal Growth
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Stress Management
- Trauma Counselling
- Acceptance & Commitment Therapy
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy
- Emotion Focused Therapy
- Mindfulness approaches
- Motivational Interviewing
- ONLINE / VIRTUAL / TELEHEALTH COUNSELLING
- Telephone Counselling
- Video Counselling
Other languages spoken
I’m not your typical counsellor.
I am real. I am approachable. I also inject a healthy dose of humour (when the timing is right of course). I don’t believe in creating a stale, clinical environment for counselling. I believe that counselling can be experienced while having a chuckle or two! We do not have to have a somber mood, even if we’re tackling the most challenging and difficult issues.
Sessions with me will give you clarity into why trying harder does not necessarily get you to where you want to go. Clients that have worked with me have found that our work together has allowed them to discover their own compass to navigate life.
When you work with me, you will experience a warm, empathic, and personable counsellor who genuinely wants to get to know you. I will help you put together the things that actually matter to you. I will collaboratively help you explore who you are, and then look at the big picture together. Piece by piece, we will examine what works in your life and how to maintain and enrich those areas. We will also take note of areas that you want to attend to, and explore things that genuinely spark joy for you.
Who am I?
Hi, my name is Tracy Lau and I am a clinical counsellor, passionate speaker, dreamer, and advocate for normalizing mental health support. I am dedicated to helping my clients who are feeling stuck and dissatisfied break the cycle, and create their own paths.
As a fellow human traveller myself, I know how it feels to be dissatisfied with life, wanting something different, but not knowing exactly what. I am here to tell you, there is a way (and it’s not trying harder or doing more of what you are doing).
Who should work with me?
- You are tired of living within a cookie-cutter way of life, and you want to explore and express YOU into the world
- You are tired of being caught up in the day to day of keeping afloat in life that you can’t even imagine there could be more than this
- You may know where you want to be, but do not feel like you have the tools to get there.
- You want to clear the “clutter” and create a vision that speaks to you
I work in a holistic way, customizing my sessions according to what your needs are and collaboratively formulating a plan to take you from where you are to where you want to be.
No matter what brought you here, I can get you unstuck and living your life worth living!
- Dialectical Behavioural Therapy (Fraser Health Authority) Training and Supervision with Dr. Chapman and Dr. Wagner (Behavioral Tech, Linehan Institute) Supervision with Dr. Vibh Cox
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (British Columbia School of Professional Psychology) Training provided by Dr. Wilensky
Client fee individuals:150