Areas of practice
- Anxiety and/or Panic
- Borderline Personality Disorder
- Personal Growth
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Stress Management
- Trauma Counselling
- Acceptance & Commitment Therapy
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy
- Emotion Focused Therapy
- Emotionally Focused Therapy - Individuals
- Mindfulness approaches
- Motivational Interviewing
- ONLINE / VIRTUAL / TELEHEALTH COUNSELLING
- Telephone Counselling
- Video Counselling
Other languages spoken
Counselling practice website:tracylaucounselling.com
Break the Cycle. Create YOUR own path.
Using a humour-infused, practical approach, counselling is a very effective way to learn how to get unstuck so you can live the life you want.
Dissatisfied with your life? Stuck? Feeling out of control?
New evidence-based therapy to feel better instead of just managing your symptoms.
I’m not your typical counsellor.
My experience working in a hospital setting, combined with my approachable and warm personality allows me to create a personalized counselling experience.
I am real. I am approachable. I also inject a healthy dose of humour (when the timing is right of course). I don’t believe in creating a stale, clinical environment for counselling. I believe that counselling can be experienced while having a chuckle or two! We do not have to have a somber mood, even if we’re tackling the most challenging and difficult issues.
Sessions with me will give you clarity into why trying harder does not necessarily get you to where you want to go. Clients that have worked with me have found that our work together has allowed them to discover their own compass to navigate life.
Who am I?
Hi, my name is Tracy Lau and I am a clinical counsellor, passionate speaker, dreamer, and advocate for normalizing mental health support. I am dedicated to helping my clients who are feeling stuck and dissatisfied break the cycle, and create their own paths.
As a fellow human traveller myself, I know how it feels to be dissatisfied with life, wanting something different, but not knowing exactly what. I am here to tell you, there is a way (and it’s not trying harder or doing more of what you are doing).
What do I do?
Counselling and skills-building to create a life worth living.
Skills to defuse anxiety, inoculate against the negative effects of stress, buffer the dips of depression and low mood, and build resiliency towards your well-being.
Who should work with me?
- You are tired of living within a cookie-cutter way of life, and you want to explore and express YOU into the world
- You are tired of being caught up in the day to day of keeping afloat in life that you can’t even imagine there could be more than this
- You may know where you want to be, but do not feel like you have the tools to get there.
- You want to clear the “clutter” and create a vision that speaks to you
I work in a holistic way, customizing my sessions according to what your needs are and collaboratively formulating a plan to take you from where you are to where you want to be.
No matter what brought you here, I can get you unstuck and living your life worth living!
Feel free to email me via the email form on this page or call me at 778-998-1980 to get started.
As human beings, we are hardwired to worry, stress, and detect potential barriers. At the same time, we are hardwired to heal, recover, and grow. After listening to the clients that come through my door, I discovered a common thread that links the myriad of presenting concerns (anywhere from anxiety, depression, trauma, stress, to the big “who am I?”), and I sought for an answer. I found a way that effectively retrains us from our default way of being and taps into our core self that leads to long-lasting transformations.
Once you learn what is holding you back, you will begin to define your own definition of success, create a game plan, and go from life-limiting thoughts, emotions, and behaviors to life-affirming actions. You will release yourself from the grips of anxiety, depression, and that pervasive belief of "I am not good enough".
Discover how to become in tune with your internal compass.
I provide an in-depth plan customized to help you become unstuck, so you can clearly define your next steps.
- Dialectical Behavioural Therapy (Fraser Health Authority) Training and Supervision with Dr. Chapman and Dr. Wagner (Behavioral Tech, Linehan Institute) Supervision with Dr. Vibh Cox
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (British Columbia School of Professional Psychology) Training provided by Dr. Wilensky
Client fee individuals:160