Areas of practice
- Anxiety and/or Panic
- Gender Identity Issues
- Job Transition
- LGBTQ Issues
- Marriage and/or Relationship Issues
- Self-Esteem Issues
- Trauma Counselling
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy
- Internal Family Systems
- Mindfulness approaches
- ONLINE / VIRTUAL / TELEHEALTH COUNSELLING
- Sensorimotor Psychotherapy
Counselling practice website:echocounselling.org
My practice is here to help you to have honest conversations that start to uncover the areas in your life where you feel stuck or at a loss. Clients find that after only a few sessions they’re able to slow down difficult moments, identify what’s going on within them, and grow a sense of self-leadership in which there’s much more possibility and choice in how they live than it seemed. Some reasons to try therapy are:
- If you’ve gone through something traumatic or distressing, and want to understand and lessen its impacts on your life
- If you want to feel less self-blame and move toward a more generous view of yourself
- If you’re feeling hurt or frustrated with others and are looking for ways to have closer relationships while keeping your sense of integrity
- If you want to heal from past hurts and connect with others and yourself in a way that feels safer
- If you have difficulty making decisions and want to move from a place of doubt to self-trust
- If you want to explore transitions in identities or life paths in a nonjudgmental and reassuring environment
- If it seems that life has thrown you enough curveballs that you want to feel the sense of self you had before
I help my clients to tune into what strengths are already there, and also to what skills have historically helped them to get by that may not be useful anymore. What often comes out of our conversations is a felt shift in perspective, in which things seem less overwhelming, and there’s more of a sense of choice in how to respond to the world. My clients often find themselves connecting to a self that feels more authentic, and learning what it feels like to start to expand their capacity to cope with life’s stressors. I provide a reflective and encouraging space where clients can process difficult experiences and feelings in a way that feels healthy. My clients consistently describe feeling lighter and more capable after our sessions.
I have ten years of experience in the field of mental health and trauma, partly from my previous career as a Social Worker. My extensive training, combined with my work for Vancouver Coastal Health's ACT Team and Vancouver Integrated Supervision Unit, has prepared me for my clinical work. You can trust that I have a solid understanding of the issues that people face, and that I am passionate about helping people to live a more fulfilling life. I am a POC counsellor in my 30's, with a focus on creating safer therapy spaces for BIPOC and LGBTQ+ folks.
I am currently offering online and phone counselling. If you are uncertain about online counselling, I really recommend giving it a chance. Video calls can be as worthwhile as in-person sessions, and often clients even prefer it over in-person meetings.
You can call or email me to book a free 15 minute consultation to ensure that I am the right fit for you.
- Please note I am a Trauma-Informed Stabilization Treatment™ practitioner in training. I am currently completing Level 3 of the training with Dr. Janina Fisher.
- Trauma-Informed Stabilization Treatment, 18 hour, Level 2, Dr. Janina Fisher, Ph.D., Academy of Therapy Wisdom
- Trauma-Informed Stabilization Treatment, 12 hour, Level 1, Dr. Janina Fisher, Ph.D., Academy of Therapy Wisdom
Client fee individuals:135+ (50-min)