Robin Evan Willis
Areas of practice
- Anxiety and/or Panic
- COVID-19 Stress, Anxiety and Depression
- Life Balance
- Personal Growth
- Self-Esteem Issues
- Acceptance & Commitment Therapy
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Expressive Arts Therapies
- Interpersonal Psychotherapy
- Mindfulness approaches
- Narrative Therapy
- Telephone Counselling
- Video Counselling
Counselling practice website:www.counsellingwithrobin.com
It takes courage to reach out and seek help - to not go it alone. If you have found your way here, you have taken a brave first step. I hope you appreciate yourself for your courage.
You may be here because life feels overwhelming. Perhaps you find yourself gripped by self-criticism and anxiety, burdened by burnout, or repressed by a tendency to please and appease. If so, we should talk. I help people like you reconnect to your formidable strengths and self-worth, restore self-esteem, strengthen personal boundaries and develop insights and skills that will support you in creating a happier and more fulfilling life.
My counselling style is attentive, warm, genuine and, at times, playful. Respect, genuine care, empathy and connection are integral to our collaborative work. Specializing in perfectionism, people-pleasing, anxiety and creative professionals, I use an integrative approach that draws on my knowledge of attachment, mindfulness and evidence-based therapies.
My identity and committment to understand my privilege as a white, cisgendered, heterosexual woman, my many years of experience as a professional actor and singer, holistic nutritionist, yoga teacher and endurance athlete, my experience in long term relationship and marriage, all inform my work as a therapist.
If you are ready to explore internal barriers and deepen self-insight and understanding through a collaborative and caring therapeutic relationship, contact me. I am honoured to support you in your journey of healing and growth.
- Accelerated Experiential Dynamic Psychotherapy (AEDP): Through undoing aloneness and processing difficult emotional and relational experiences, AEDP fosters healing, resilience and a renewed zest for life.
- Narrative therapy centres people as the experts in their own lives, viewing problems as separate from individuals and identifying personal strengths in diminishing challenging issues.
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, (ACT) is a mindfulness-based behavioral therapy that utilizes metaphor and mindfulness skills, along with values-guided behavioral interventions, humour and goal-setting.
Client fee individuals:$160 (+ 5% GST) per 50 minute session