Robin Evan Willis
Areas of practice
- Anxiety and/or Panic
- Covid-19 Loneliness
- COVID-19 Stress, Anxiety and Depression
- Life Balance
- Personal Growth
- Self-Esteem Issues
- Acceptance & Commitment Therapy
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Expressive Arts Therapies
- Mindfulness approaches
- Narrative Therapy
- Play Therapy
- Telephone Counselling
- Video Counselling
Counselling practice website:www.counsellingwithrobin.com
It takes courage to reach out and seek help - to not go it alone. If you have found your way here, you have taken a brave first step. I hope you appreciate yourself for your courage. Asking for support requires strength, wisdom and humility.
I currently offer online therapy to individuals from Vancouver, BC. I integrate traditional talk therapy, evidenced-based counselling methods and mindfulness practices to support you in working through issues of stress, anxiety, self-criticism, life transitions and personal development. I specialize in perfectionism, over-achievement and creative professionals, although I am experienced with a wide range of issues from mental health nutrition to child and teen counselling.
My style as a counsellor is warm, interactive, genuine and, at times, playful. A relationship of trust and respect is the foundation of my work. Your comfort and the quality of our relationship are essential in creating meaningful and lasting change. Your relationship with your therapist is the most important determinant of a positive outcome in therapy. Respect, genuine care, empathy and connection are integral to you achieving the change you desire.
I became a therapist after an enjoyable career as an actor and singer in NYC and Toronto. Along the way, I trained extensively in mindfulness practices, began teaching yoga and fitness classes and obtained my professional registration as a holistic nutritionist. While counselling is my calling and passion, I also enjoy running, triathlon and exploring Vancouver with my husband and French bulldog Stella. My identity and commitment to understand my privilege as a white, cisgendered, heterosexual woman, my many years of experience as a professional actor and singer, holistic nutritionist, yoga teacher and endurance athlete, my experience in long term relationship and marriage, all inform my work as a therapist.
If you are feeling like we might work well together, please feel free to book online or email for a free 15 minute secure video consultation.
I look forward to meeting you.
- Accelerated Experiential Dynamic Psychotherapy (AEDP): Through undoing aloneness and processing difficult emotional and relational experiences, AEDP fosters healing, resilience and a renewed zest for life.
- Narrative therapy centres people as the experts in their own lives, viewing problems as separate from individuals and identifying personal strengths in diminishing challenging issues.
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, (ACT) is a mindfulness-based behavioral therapy that utilizes metaphor and mindfulness skills, along with values-guided behavioral interventions, humour and goal-setting.
Client fee individuals:$140 (+ 5% GST) per 50 minute session