Areas of practice
- Abuse - Emotional, Physical, Sexual
- Anger Management Issues
- Anxiety and/or Panic
- Grief and Loss - General
- Life Transitions
- Marriage and/or Relationship Issues
- Postpartum Depression
- Pre-Marital Counselling
- Stress Management
- Women's Issues
- Brief Therapy
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Gottman Method Couples Therapy
- Marriage & Couples Counselling
- Mindfulness approaches
- Online / Virtual / Telehealth Counselling
- Solution Focused Therapy
- Telephone Counselling
- Video Counselling
Counselling practice website:www.illuminate-online.com
Is anxiety getting in the way of living your best life? Are you feeling disconnected from your partner, arguing more, or even having doubts about your future together? Are you a new parent, struggling to adjust to this major change? I help adults and couples to overcome these common challenges and get clear about what they want and need, from themselves and from others in their life.
Through counselling, you can expect to better understand what is causing these issues, how they are impacting your life, as well as learn specific strategies to cope effectively. With this clarity, you will begin to feel more confident in yourself and in your relationships, like you can get through anything!
I support women, men, and couples as they navigate the life-changing process of pregnancy and the transition to parenthood, including postpartum anxiety, depression, grief, and traumatic birthing experiences. Having gone through the difficult adjustment to motherhood myself, I believe it is so important to support and provide resources during this vulnerable time.
Because your time and money are valuable, I customize my services to meet your needs, while making the process as down-to-earth as possible. As I see it, counselling can be whatever you need it to be. Sometimes, that may mean a place to share your raw emotions and thoughts, without judgment. Sometimes, it's a place to check-in, to hear another perspective, or to simply recalibrate during stressful times. We will work together to determine what feels most useful to you at that time and helps you move towards your goals.
I also really believe in the importance of fit - as your relationship with and trust for your therapist is essential. If I am not the person for you at this time in your life, I am happy to help connect you with someone who is.
I am the co-founder of Illuminate Counselling, which is a group of therapists, dedicatecd to making mental health information and resources more accessible. We also offer online courses, workbooks, and free downloadable resources, so that you can learn strategies without even leaving home. To learn more or book an appointment, please explore our website.
Select Professional Development & Accreditation:
- Gottman Level 1 Training – The Gottman Institute
- 7 Principles for Making Marriage Work, Educator Training – The Gottman Institute
- Bringing Baby Home, Educator Training – The Gottman Institute
- Understanding Abuse in Relationships – Karen McAndless-Davis & Magi Cooper
- Developmental Model of Couples Therapy, Level 1 – Sue Diamond & the Couples Institute
- Rekindling Desire Workshop for Couples – Esther Perel
- Somatic Experiencing, Beginner & Intermediate Levels – Somatic Experiencing International
- When Birth Becomes a Trauma – Felicia Hurst
- Perinatal Mental Health Certified (PMH-C designation) – Postpartum Support International
I am one of the founders of Illuminate Counselling, which is a group of therapists dedicated to making mental health information and resources more accessible. Illuminate Counselling provides resources and counselling for anxiety, reproductive mental health, pregnancy & postpartum support, as well as relationship and couples therapy.
We also offer online courses, workbooks, and free downloadable resources, so that you can learn strategies without even leaving home.
To learn more or book an appointment, please explore our website.
We also invite you to join our growing community on Instagram @illuminate_counselling, for curated mental health info, tips, & tools!
- PMH-C (Certificate in Perinatal Mental Health)
Client fee individuals:$150/50-minute session
Client fee couples/families:$230/75-minute session