Areas of practice
- Anxiety and/or Panic
- Borderline Personality Disorder
- Gender Identity Issues
- Life Transitions
- Marriage and/or Relationship Issues
- Personal Growth
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Postpartum Depression
- Professional Burnout
- School/Work Adjustment
- Stress Management
- Trauma Counselling
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Communication Skills Training
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy
- Emotion Focused Therapy
- Mindfulness approaches
- ONLINE / VIRTUAL COUNSELLING
- Shame Counselling & Therapy
- TELEPHONE COUNSELLING
Counselling practice website:www.paulabude.com
Paula Bude (MEd., C.C.C., R.C.C., C.Hyp.) is asking you to consider: "what if this imperfect moment is the gateway into everything I want?". Therapy with Paula is an invitation to deepen your practice of genuine engagement with the life you have, since that is the best way to transition into having the life you want. Counselling can guide you to mindfully and compassionately practice the skillful means necessary to release habits that perpetuate dis-ease and discontent while transforming difficult experiences into opportunities for insight, wisdom, and healing. After 10+ blessed years in the helping field, Paula knows that painful emotions contain adaptive signals that, if correctly deciphered, orient people towards purpose, fulfillment and meaning. Counselling is about transforming difficult experiences, about moving through them and beyond them in a way that radically accepts their inherent lessons, opportunities, growth and healing.
We intuitively know that mental health is not just the absence of illness; it is also the presence of wellbeing. In order to reduce undesirable symptoms while increasing the presence of desirable states of being, Paula effectively uses Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Dialectical Behavioural Therapy, Emotion Focused Therapy, Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing, Hypnotherapy, Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy, and Yoga movement.
Paula's approach to counselling is integrative, experiential, compassionate and mindful. Counselling helps with the work of balancing both acceptance (of this imperfect moment) with (the desire for) change since both are needed for personal transformation. As Carl Rogers exclaimed, "the paradox is that, once I fully accept myself, then I am free to change".
Call or email Paula for a free conversation about how counselling can help you find the gateway between this imperfect, perhaps even difficult, moment and the life of fulfillment you want.
Extended medical services usually reimburse for counsellors with RCC & CCC designations, such as Paula. Do check with your own.
- Dialectical Behavioural Therapy-- Training and Supervision provided by Dr. Chapman and Dr. Wagner, and facilitated by Fraser Health Authority.
- Clinical Traumatology-- Training in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy for treating Post Traumatic Stress Disorder and Adjustment Disorder. Training provided by Traumatology Institute, Toronto, Dr. Baranowsky.
- Clinical Counselling Hypnotherapy-- integrating Hypnosis and Counselling. Training provided by Karen Day, MSW, president of the Canadian Society of Clinical Hypnosis (Ontario Division)
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing. Training provided by Dr. Wilensky, and facilitated by BC Association of Clinical Counsellors.
Client fee individuals:$100-175
Client fee couples/families:$150