Areas of practice
- Anxiety and/or Panic
- Death and Dying
- Geriatric Issues and Counselling
- Grief and Loss - General
- Life Transitions
- Self-Esteem Issues
- Acceptance & Commitment Therapy
- Adlerian Therapy
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Gottman Method Couples Therapy
- Internal Family Systems
- Mindfulness approaches
- ONLINE / VIRTUAL / TELEHEALTH COUNSELLING
Counselling practice website:www.springcounselling.ca
Do you feel stuck at a point in your life and would like to find a way to move forward? Do you wish for closer connection in your relationships? Are events from the past holding you back from leading a more contented and fulfilled life? My clients are adults who are single or in relationships, students, parents and seniors who grapple with issues including anxiety, depression, life transitions, perfectionism and grief. Taking that first step to seek counselling and be vulnerable can be difficult. I have been told that I am a warm, non-judgmental and down-to-earth person. I look forward to supporting you on your journey.
Counselling is a career I have come to later in life so I understand how tough transitions can be but also how necessary they may be when you feel stuck. I am an immigrant so understand the feeling of “being a stranger in two places”. My counselling approach is eclectic: experiential for the client but also incorporating practical, cognitive techniques.
I believe each person has many strengths and that change is possible for everyone. The connection between the client and the counsellor is important to the effectiveness of therapy. Please contact me to set up a complimentary 15 minute consultation to help you decide if we will be a good fit. I look forward to meeting with you.
Before making a career change to counselling, I was a journalist for 20 years both in Canada and South Africa. This has made me a good listener, interested in people’s life stories and able to communicate effectively and comfortably with people from many walks of life.
ADDITIONAL PROFESSIONAL TRAINING:
- Gottman Method Couples Therapy/ Level 1 Clinical Training
- Internal Family Systems (Level 1 - in progress)
- Telehealth for Mental Health Professionals 2-day training - PESI
- David Kessler On Grief and Grieving/ Module 1
- Brief trainings in Core Skills of Cognitive-behavioural Therapy (CBT)
PAYMENT & INSURANCE
- Most extended health plans in British Columbia that have coverage for psychotherapy will cover the services of a Registered Clinical Counsellor
- Both in-person and online sessions available
- Master of Counselling Psychology (MCP), Adler University (Vancouver Campus)
- Master of Business Administration (MBA), University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg, South Africa
- Bachelor of Arts (Honours), University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg, South Africa
Client fee individuals:$140
Client fee couples/families:$165