Areas of practice
- Addictions - Including Substances
- Anxiety and/or Panic
- Eating Disorders
- Grief and Loss - General
- LGBTQ Issues
- Life Transitions
- Marriage and/or Relationship Issues
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Postpartum Depression
- Trauma Counselling
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy
- Family Systems
- Gottman Method Couples Therapy
- Humanistic Therapy
- Mindfulness approaches
- Psychodynamic Therapy
- Solution Focused Therapy
- Telephone Counselling
Counselling practice website:www.willowtreecounselling.ca
Warm, accepting, inclusive and practical best describes my personal therapeutic style. I also place a high value on careful listening, empathy, professional ethics and accountability. I believe that all people possess intrinsic worth and have the capacity to both realize this and make meaningful change in their lives. Readiness for change depends on each individual. Clients take responsibility for their gains in counselling and for their personal successes. My role is to guide.
At my downtown Vancouver counselling and psychotherapy office, I welcome clients with diverse backgrounds and needs. Gender, sexual orientation, race, age, religion, physical ability, relationship status and family situation are never barriers to working with me.
I utilize a collaborative, strengths-based approach. My theoretical orientation is integrative; I seek to purposefully select a therapy, or therapies, which best suit you, your situation, your goals and your beliefs about personal change. Please view the sidebar for a list of the therapies which currently influence my work.
I am Registered Clinical Social Worker that has been practicing counselling since 1998, including a decade of experience in community mental health, where I worked collaboratively with clients experiencing:
- Depression and dysthymia
- Trauma and PTSD
- Generalized Anxiety
- Panic attacks
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Social Anxiety
- Postpartum / Perinatal Depression and Anxiety
- Bipolar Disorder (type 2)
I have also have extensive counselling and therapy experience helping clients with:
- Life transitions
- Relationship concerns
- GLBTQ issues
- Addictions / Compulsive Behaviour
- Grief / Loss
- Anger and Stress
- Eating disorders / issues (bulimia, binge eating, emotional eating)
Clinical supervision is also available for social workers and counselling professionals.
- My practice is focused on individual counselling, with limited spaces for couples and families.
- I am currently accepting new clients via my waiting and cancellation lists only; you may sign up any time in the "Looking for a Therapist?" sidebar on the homepage of my website.
- For those interested in phone counselling, there is currently no waiting list for daytime phone sessions, offered once-weekly.
- Free 15-minute in-person or phone consultations available by appointment.
I warmly welcome new subscribers to my monthly newsletter, The Listening Ear.
Thank you for your interest in my practice. I look forward to hearing from you!
Client fee individuals:$130 - 50 minute session; $160 - 75 minute session