Areas of practice
- Addictions - Including Substances
- Anxiety and/or Panic
- Deaf and Hard of Hearing
- Eating Disorders
- Family Issues
- Grief and Loss - General
- LGBTQ Issues
- Life Transitions
- Marriage and/or Relationship Issues
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Postpartum Depression
- Trauma Counselling
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Family Systems
- Gottman Method Couples Therapy
- Humanistic Therapy
- Integrative Psychotherapy
- Internal Family Systems
- Mindfulness approaches
- Solution Focused Therapy
- Telephone Counselling
- Video Counselling
Counselling practice website:www.willowtreecounselling.ca
Warm, accepting, inclusive and practical best describes my personal therapeutic style. I also place a high value on careful listening, empathy, professional ethics and accountability. I believe that all people possess intrinsic worth and have the capacity to both realize this and make meaningful change in their lives. Readiness for change depends on each individual. Clients take responsibility for their gains in counselling and for their personal successes. My role is to guide.
At both my virtual and downtown Vancouver counselling and psychotherapy offices, I welcome clients with diverse backgrounds and needs. Gender, sexual orientation, race, age, religion, ability, relationship status, body size and family situation are never barriers to working with me.
I utilize a collaborative, strengths-based approach. My theoretical orientation is integrative; I seek to purposefully select a therapy, or therapies, which best suit you, your situation, your goals and your beliefs about personal change. Please view the sidebar for a list of the therapies which currently influence my work.
I am Registered Clinical Social Worker that has been practicing counselling since 1998, including a decade of experience in community mental health, where I worked collaboratively with clients experiencing:
- Depression and dysthymia
- Trauma and PTSD
- Generalized Anxiety
- Panic attacks
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Social Anxiety
- Postpartum / Perinatal Depression and Anxiety
- Bipolar Disorder
I have also have extensive counselling and therapy experience helping clients with:
- Life transitions
- Relationship concerns
- Complex family dynamics
- LGBTQ+ issues
- Addictions / Compulsive Behaviour
- Grief / Loss
- Anger and Stress
- Health issues
- Eating disorders / issues (bulimia, binge eating, emotional eating, orthorexia) and body acceptance
Clinical supervision is also available for social workers and masters-level counselling professionals.
- My practice is focused on individual counselling, with limited spaces for couples and families. Appointments are offered from Tuesday to Friday during the daytime only.
- Please check my website to see whether my waiting list is currently open.
- Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, most counselling sessions are being conducted by phone and secure video, with limited in-person sessions on Tuesdays only (mask required).
- Free 15-minute consultations are available by appointment; this is also the first step for anyone who would like to be added to my waiting list.
I warmly welcome new subscribers to my monthly newsletter, The Listening Ear. Please visit the sidebar on my website's home page to sign up.
Thank you for your interest in my practice. I look forward to hearing from you!
Client fee individuals:$160 - 50-minute session; $220 - 75-minute session (GST and PTS exempt)
Client fee couples/families:$160 - 50-minute session; $200 - 75-minute session