Areas of practice
- Anxiety and/or Panic
- Attention Deficit Disorder - ADHD
- Career Issues
- Cross Cultural Issues
- Employee Assistance
- Job Transition
- Learning Disabilities
- Personal Growth
- School/Work Adjustment
- Stress Management
- Vocational Assessment
- Workplace Issues
- Brief Therapy
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Humanistic Therapy
- Integrative Psychotherapy
- ONLINE / VIRTUAL / TELEHEALTH COUNSELLING
- Psycho-Educational Assessment
- Relaxation Therapy
- Solution Focused Therapy
- Video Counselling
- Vocational Counselling
Marie Lembesis, M.Ed., RCC, RRP, CCRC CVRP(F) has a practice that comprises vocational diagnostics, career counselling and personal counselling for individuals aged 16 and up. Her diagnostic work includes psycho-educational (age 16 and over), learning disability, mental health, vocational interest and personality testing. Marie is also a consulting clinician for several employment and vocational rehabilitation agencies throughout the Lower Mainland.
Marie offers career testing for individuals seeking to explore their vocational options. With the use of state-of-the-art assessment tools and career resources, she provides realistic and viable options for clients in need of career direction. Online career assessment packages are available for clients preferring to complete their assessment in this format.
With twenty-six years of experience, Marie has supported hundreds of youth and adults through career and life transitions. She has extensive experience working with people with learning disabilities, developmental disorders, and mental health barriers. Her client-centered approach is integral to her work in career and personal counselling. Marie’s training in both of these areas allows her the flexibility and understanding to assist clients with the challenges they face in their occupation and with general life stressors.
Marie's training and background involve work in the following three areas:
1. Assessment: Marie provides comprehensive assessment services in the areas of psycho-vocational testing, psycho-educational and learning disability assessment, and mental health screening. Marie’s expertise extends to diagnosing adults with learning disabilities and developmental disorders. Her assessment services are for clients aged 16 and over.
2. Career Testing and Counselling: Marie’s work in career testing and counselling has helped individuals at different stages of their life make an informed career choice. She customizes all career assessment packages to meet the needs of a variety of people from high school students (aged 16 and up) to professionals. This service has proven to be an integral first step to career planning, whether for the first-time career chooser or for those in career transition at any point in their life.
3. Personal Counselling: Marie’s experience in the vocational rehabilitation field has afforded her the opportunities to work with adults experiencing a range of disabilities, including psychiatric, learning, developmental, physical, and neurological. She has extensive background working with adults who experience mental health challenges such as schizophrenia, depression and anxiety. Marie’s ability to provide both individual psychotherapy and short-term solution focused counselling has helped clients who felt “stuck” with their career planning or life stressors. Her counselling services have proven valuable to workers who are on leave due to disability or other concerns that prevent them from participating in the workplace.
Marie’s resume includes operating a private practice for 15 years where she offers both assessment and personal counselling services. She is a sole proprietor but consults with a senior Registered Psychologist for completion of Psycho-Educational assessments.
Prior to launching her private practice Marie worked as a team leader and program developer. She has worked as a Vocational Diagnostician and Coordinator of the Vocational Diagnostics program at SRS (Surrey Rehabilitation Services) Vocational Services Society for nine years. In addition to providing assessments and counselling, her work at SRS included leading a team of professionals, writing proposals, providing clinical supervision, and marketing the department's services. Marie’s client-centered philosophy in running this program helped to establish SRS Diagnostics as a highly sought after service for government ministries and local employment and rehabilitation programs that referred their clients. Referring agencies could depend on her client-centered approach to thoughtfully assess a client’s abilities and traits and to bring out the full potential of each individual.
In addition to her work in diagnostics and counselling, Marie has worked for three years as an instructor at City University (Vancouver campus), teaching testing and assessment within the Masters in Counselling Psychology program. She has presented at career conferences as well as facilitated groups on career planning, assessment, and wellness topics in her local community. Marie is an engaging and informed speaker who consistently receives strong evaluations from her students and audiences.
Marie is a Registered Rehabilitation Professional (RRP) with the Canadian Association of Rehabilitation Professionals, a Registered Clinical Counsellor (RCC) with the British Columbia Association of Clinical Counsellors, a Canadian Certified Rehabilitation Counsellor (CCRC), and a Certified Vocational Rehabilitation Professional - Fellow (CVRP(F)). She holds a Masters of Education in Counselling Psychology from McGill University and a Bachelors of Arts with a major in Psychology from the University of British Columbia.
Hourly fee: $130.00 per hour plus GST
Please see below for a detailed list of assessment services and fees. Some clients may be eligible for a fully or partially funded assessment though their local employment centre, insurance plan, WorkBC, or through the Canada Study Grant (this grant is for currently enrolled students).
VOCATIONAL DIAGNOSTIC SERVICES AND PRICE SCHEDULE
NOTE: Assessments requiring the signature of a Registered Psychologist (e.g., for government Ministry or school requirements) will be provided with a review and signature by a BC Registered Psychologist.
The following provides a general description of the testing packages available and associated costs. Each assessment includes a comprehensive report that outlines test outcomes, interpretation of results, and specific recommendations for career, training, and related options. Assessments can be customized to meet client needs and the following descriptions are of a typical test battery within each category:
1. Psycho-Vocational Assessment
This package covers the following areas: intelligence testing (WAIS-IV), learning abilities, academic levels (WJ-IV), career interests and/or work personality.
Cost: $1780.00 (plus GST)
2. Psycho-Educational/Learning Assessment
This assessment, which is used to screen for learning disabilities, consists of learning abilities testing and academic levels (WAIS-IV and WJ-IV); and career interest testing; where clients meet criteria for a Learning Disability diagnosis their report will be reviewed and signed by a Registered Psychologist to meet any school and/or Ministry requirements.
Cost: $1830.00 (plus GST)
3. Psycho-Social Assessment
This package includes ALL the tests provided in package “1" described above as well as testing for mental health concerns (e.g., depression, anxiety, social phobia, etc.).
Cost: $1900.00 (plus GST)
4. Career Planning Package
This package includes comprehensive aptitude, career interest, and work personality testing and assists the client to make informed career/training choices. This is a virtual assessment that can be completed entirely online. The intake meeting and follow-up meeting with the counsellor are also conducted virtually (in-person meetings are available if preferred).
Online rate: $700.00 (plus GST)
Listed prices include all components of the assessment: client intake, test administration, test scoring, feedback session, dissemination of any related materials to client such as hand-outs on learning tips, memory strategies, and career action plan worksheet.
- Psychological Assessment, including psycho-educational testing, vocational testing, career assessment, and screening for mental health issues. Counselling training at the Master's level in Counselling Psychology.
Client fee individuals:$130.00 per hour (plus GST)